Ain't parenting great?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ain't parenting great?

One of the guys I work with said he had to evict the cat from inside the house until after Christmas. He said the cat had not bothered the decorations until a couple of days ago he noticed a strand of LED lights on the tree had gone out. It was obvious they had been chewed on LED Christmas lights these days are plastic it appears. His 4 year old Daughter Scarlett did not understand why the cat was evicted so he tried explaining what could happen. Some of us suggested he show her Christmas Vacation but he thought all she would pick up was "*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ter's full". LOL
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

My cat's never went outside. They used to climb up the inside trunk of any tree I got and just hang out there. Sometimes I didn't know they were in there. The oldest lived for 25 years, her name was Carlisle (as in "Kitty"). and her daughter, who lived 23 years was named "Rambette" (as in "Rambo"), she was a handful, and Rambette's daughter, Samantha" lived 17 years, they said because of the condition she had, a defect in the Pancreas, she wouldn't last 6 months. They got that one way off.

Carlisle raised my Dalmatian, "Jesse", she out lived him, he died after 16 years, broke my heart. They all broke my heart. Rambette would sit on my shoulder like a Parrot. Some people thought she was fake.

I have 1 cat, she tied to my wife. I'm 65, and my pets just live to long. I can't take the loss anymore either, you get so close to these creatures, and their passing, to this day, is a void in my life. I was 22 years old when I rescued Carlisle, her Mom got run over by a car, and 47 years old when she passed. That's a big chunk of your life, and a part that you go through many changes. She was a constant though. I believe these animals really enhanced my life. My Veterinarian was shocked by how long all my pets lived. No more pets for me. When my Corgi mix died last year, that was that, can't go through that again.

Comment

Working...
    X