RIP Ian Tyson.....a true Canadian legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Ian Tyson.....a true Canadian legend

I think Ian Tyson was not well known outside of Canada, but his songs were trans-generational. He was certainly well-known during several decades and generations of Canadians.

He wrote his own songs and sang them with a delightful voice. He performed initially with his then-wife and they were known as I" Ian and Sylvia"

This is likely his (and their) most famous song:

This familiar 1960s hootenanny-era tune provided the title song for the Canadian folk duo’s second album. Later in 1963 they recorded a different (shorter & ...

"If you are going through hell.......keep going."
    Winston Churchill

Love,y songs and voice.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Sad news about a great artist who always played smaller towns and venues when he toured . One of my favorites was " Summer Wages " ......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

I'm feeling really old now as I remember the four strong winds songs. Only in my early teens when I heard that song. I don't remember it getting a lot of play time in the USA but I liked it then and hearing it now brings back a lot of memories.

With singers, you either like them or not but this guy, I liked his voice.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I woulda bet money that was a Neil Young song. Thanks for the music lesson. Also just discovered Buffy Sainte-Marie
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I remember seeing him hanging around the old Ranchmans Bar in Calgary in the 1980s. Interesting guy, at different times of the day.

Comment

Working...
            X