Shape-shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shape-shifting

Many of us reject anything that is not within our often tightly restricted worldview.

This topic transcends what we "know" or think we "know".

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Plant cells allow things human cells do not, so I hope you won't take this further into the realm of mankind.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      Plant cells allow things human cells do not, so I hope you won't take this further into the realm of mankind.
      Perhaps, some cabbages are smarter than some humans after all. LOL
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post

Perhaps, some cabbages are smarter than some humans after all. LOL
        That may be true in politics, where, as elections approach, they are often said to be leading by a head, but when they do not win their supporters call it sour grapes.
        .I suspect that may be because they cannot spell sauerkraut.
        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

The article is quite specifically about plants, not humans.

That said, since you have expressed some concern, the article shows that cells do not not always follow an inflexible direction of development and there is conclusive evidence that what science and scientists had long thought of as impossible is actually live right now but that revelation has left them guessing about how it happened.

Who knows...with so many humans now identifying as something other than what they really are, maybe they will identify and live as cabbages and we can have a greener world.

Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

I suppose we had that little bit of hatred coming from you, Ron.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Looks like Arizona's arid air has proven overwhelming, and now dry humour is two much. .
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                Looks like Arizona's arid air has proven overwhelming, and now dry humour is two much. .
                Ron, are you suggesting that subtly implying that the evolution of humanity's application of sex and gender roles is wrong should be acceptable? That is a bad joke, if so.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I am just happy that I can now compare apples to oranges.

Comment

Ron, are you suggesting that subtly implying that the evolution of humanity's application of sex and gender roles is wrong should be acceptable? That is a bad joke, if so.
                    With regard to that choice of words, I believe this applies:

From the Free Dictionary:

INVIDIOUS: calculated to create ill will or resentment or give offense; hateful: invidious remarks.​
                    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

With regard to that choice of words, I believe this applies:

From the Free Dictionary:

INVIDIOUS: calculated to create ill will or resentment or give offense; hateful: invidious remarks.​
                      To that ante, I will raise you a vocabulary word that applies to your "humor:" Insidious.

adjective
                      1. proceeding in a gradual, subtle way, but with harmful effects
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

A good word, and I did consider it, as it easily fits your posts in this thread, but subtlety diminished with your post progression even as you strayed farther from the thread topic itself, so it seemed clear that harm was explicitly intended, making invidious the more definitively accurate word..
                        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                        X