No announcement yet.

They're putting a hole in my ear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo hoo ! ..... Just got a call from my surgeon and they are going to use a different method of surgery ..... Instead of cutting my leg open and replacing a section of artery with something artificial they are going to go in through my groin and put some kind of mesh wiring in the artery . They call it a stent ..... Made my day ....... Sorry to hijack your thread Cipher but I'm really really happy about not getting sliced open ......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Woo hoo ! ..... Just got a call from my surgeon and they are going to use a different method of surgery ..... Instead of cutting my leg open and replacing a section of artery with something artificial they are going to go in through my groin and put some kind of mesh wiring in the artery . They call it a stent ..... Made my day ....... Sorry to hijack your thread Cipher but I'm really really happy about not getting sliced open ......

That's great, sounds less invasive, heard of stents before, I guess a lot less recovery time...happy for you bccap..

Hopefully cipher doesn't mind and keeps us up to date on that situation

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post

That's great, sounds less invasive, heard of stents before, I guess a lot less recovery time...happy for you bccap..

Hopefully cipher doesn't mind and keeps us up to date on that situation
        My grandfather had the graft done in 76. For arterial blockage. No fancy scalpel work but it saved both legs.
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Abort! Its always interesting to find out your a freak.
          Dr was about to slice but noted a blue tinge opposite eardrum
          jugular bulb sumthin sumthin. So now a cat scan to see just how nasty my middle ear is.

apparently a pierced jugular is bad.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
            Abort! Its always interesting to find out your a freak.
            Dr was about to slice but noted a blue tinge opposite eardrum
            jugular bulb sumthin sumthin. So now a cat scan to see just how nasty my middle ear is.

apparently a pierced jugular is bad.
            Good that they saw it . If it's your jugular it will need to be dealt with ..... I'm the same way with doctors . They tell me what it is and I've forgotten it by the time I get home .... Now I get them to have the nurse email me the names of the stuff they told me .....
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

Good that they saw it . If it's your jugular it will need to be dealt with ..... I'm the same way with doctors . They tell me what it is and I've forgotten it by the time I get home .... Now I get them to have the nurse email me the names of the stuff they told me .....
              Yeah the Dr. Slammed the brakes and order the cat scan. I first thought he'd already nicked the vein.
              used a nose cam. Got to see my larynx and Eustachian tube exit. Nary a spot of discolouration to be seen.
              now I wait.
              the whole process was visible on a large monitor. Drum was clearly distended from internal pressure.
              So I said man that looks fully distended! His reply "you're good" so I'm kinda an amateur ENT surgeon now.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

What a crazy ordeal...

Comment

Info on this page might be of help

"If you are going through hell.......keep going."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Best of luck and competent surgeons to you. My sister had this done for her Heart, they have this stuff really worked out.

Comment

Well its been a while. Its truly wonderful that my ENT is so cautious and thorough. A CT scan and follow up blood vessel mapping MRI shows a Glomus Tympanicum tumour.
                      Its a magic Christmas tumour in that its benign but it was described to me today as aggressive.
                      So its skull surgery for me. To take it out. and if they offer some half ass radiation im in the mood to refuse.

There is some great YT vids of surgeons grinding through with a really cool die grinder.
                      No summer of George for me.................oh well.
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

This thread really showed me how much of a load people are carrying on this forum medically. I don't feel too isolated. My problems are a very damaged Spinal Cord. I've had so many surgeries, I sometimes forget the number. 10 ruptured discs, 5 fused, 5 impossible to fix. I was paralyzed and it took me a year to learn how to walk again.

I didn't mean to turn this about me. I just wanted to share that I understand. The best to the both of you two, and may you issues be resolved without incident.

Comment

Good luck and good vibes heading to you guys.

Comment

There's a pretty good reason we put so much dependence on our Dr's, As much money as they spent on that Medical Degree, they sure ought to pretty well know what, how, and when to do things. Appx. 10 yrs. ago, A co-worker had an aneurism in his head, the Dr. took a hole saw and cut out a appx. 1" plug out of his skull. Repaired the broke part and appx. a month later put that same piece of skull back in place. Only remaining evidence is that little round spot on his head. He retired last yr. I'm thinking short set back, then back on the rd. again... Luck to ya.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                              Well its been a while. Its truly wonderful that my ENT is so cautious and thorough. A CT scan and follow up blood vessel mapping MRI shows a Glomus Tympanicum tumour.
                              Its a magic Christmas tumour in that its benign but it was described to me today as aggressive.
                              So its skull surgery for me. To take it out. and if they offer some half ass radiation im in the mood to refuse.

There is some great YT vids of surgeons grinding through with a really cool die grinder.
                              No summer of George for me.................oh well.
                              If you are willing to have the surgery i am curious as to why you would refuse the radiation if it is deemed necessary?
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Radiation has varying adults on people. I don't think it's proper to ask people these kind of questions, though I understand the curiosity. Let them make their decisions, and support them. His gut and being there going through it will guide him.

Comment

Working...
                                X