Befuddled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Befuddled.

Why people do this to themselves is a far-out subject for me. There may be multiple "doctors" involved, as they often specialize in various body areas, but one truth is that it takes both a lot of time and a lot of money to do so much damage in creating living caricatures of people. How can they live with themselves when they have to know they are making obvious failures worse?

The face in the photo reminded me of another appalling surgery mess my wife showed me a few years ago. That woman had undergone extensive surgery because she wanted to look like a lion. It failed horribly, but she kept on doing more....and still more.

A model who is 'addicted' to surgery has had her 38J breasts reduced after one of the implants poppedJam Press

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Amazing what "people" will do...
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

It's a type of "dysphoria". When she looks in the mirror, she does not see what most people see. The happens with people who have Anorexia Nervosa, or are Bulimic, they starve themselves to death, thinking they are fat, or sometimes, eating is the only thing they can control. Often they are enabled. Karen Carpenter, with her Angelic voice, was manipulated by her family. Control over food was the only thing she felt she had control over. When she finally got the right care, her heart was too weak, she had already killed herself but didn't know it. I knew a few people who did that with Cocaine. They're dead now.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
        It's a type of "dysphoria".
        No it isn't, it's nothing more than attention seeking behavior from someone trying to get people to see them as "special', plain and simple. Attempting to justify it using by using pseudointellectual BS only perpetuates the will of others to play the same version of the Dr Phil home game.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

OOhhh, scientific explanation vs. common explanation... I'd think both are correct.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post

No it isn't, it's nothing more than attention seeking behavior from someone trying to get people to see them as "special', plain and simple. Attempting to justify it using by using pseudointellectual BS only perpetuates the will of others to play the same version of the Dr Phil home game.
            That's a dysphoria. Take it easy. When you result to insulting nobody is going to give a sh*t about your observations. I certainly don't now. Also, learn how to spell, "pseudointellectual" is hyphenated. It's spelled pseudo-intellectual, that's basic grammar Dr. Phil. What you are doing is called trolling.

Comment

Praise Bob!

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post

That's a dysphoria. Take it easy. When you result to insulting nobody is going to give a sh*t about your observations. I certainly don't now. Also, learn how to spell, "pseudointellectual" is hyphenated. It's spelled pseudo-intellectual, that's basic grammar Dr. Phil. What you are doing is called trolling.
                Not at all. As someone with actual hands on experience as a clinician one of the biggest hurdles you face is breaking down the conditioning that's all too often ingrained into people based on incomplete or just plain false information fed to them via popular culture.

Funny how that works, the "nice people who are just trying to help" all to often exasperate an underlying condition thereby making the afflicted people worse, not better.
                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

It's my understanding that a dysphoria is when you believe there are things wrong with you and you attempt to change them, even though there is really nothing wrong with you. Diagnosing would need to take place on an individual basis. With that said, I think Lab3 nailed this one, she is doing this for attention, with the hopes of fame and fortune:

I read she is an artist on only fans: https://www.instagram.com/1800leavemaryalone/?hl=en

Edit: Jeez! She is all over the internet.....furthering the argument that dysphoria may not be her issue.

Last edited by Vmass; 03-17-2023, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Maybe "body-dysmorphia" applies better, without getting specific. No one here knows her case, and long distance psychiatry is bullsh*t. The link below has some surprising similar pics.

Let's talk about body dysmorphia. I have previously spoken on this blog about other disorders that interest me, such as BPD (accurately an...

Comment

Paying in time money and pain to be hideous.
                      years ago I saw a docu about an African boy with a defect which made his eyes widely spread and protuberant.
                      was abused by his village as a devil.
                      some medicos worked a wonder on him. Yet in the West perverse distorted notions of beauty drive people to immoral Drs.
                      its the approach of masking a symptom of mental illness with layer upon layer of ever increasingly absurd procedures.

with all the heavy subsidies for medical training why can't the poisonous money grubbers be constrained to do compassionate and inarguably appropriate procedures.

More money in curing baldness than cancer.
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

A lot of people in western society who wish to be doctors could never afford it. Those who go into the profession to make money seem to have financial backing, usually from family wealth to proceed. Then there are a group work work themselves silly and achieve their dreams. These "Good" doctors eventually find themselves swamped with patients and are far and few in between. I happen to be lucky and have doctors like this now, but I'm 66 and it took me many years to find these doctors.

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                          Paying in time money and pain to be hideous.
                          years ago I saw a docu about an African boy with a defect which made his eyes widely spread and protuberant.
                          was abused by his village as a devil.
                          some medicos worked a wonder on him. Yet in the West perverse distorted notions of beauty drive people to immoral Drs.
                          its the approach of masking a symptom of mental illness with layer upon layer of ever increasingly absurd procedures.

with all the heavy subsidies for medical training why can't the poisonous money grubbers be constrained to do compassionate and inarguably appropriate procedures.

More money in curing baldness than cancer.

That reality may apply across the board to all levels of medical professions in general, where gouging has become a way of life. .

An example:

Two weeks ago my cat was coughing and sneezing quite a bit and my wife got concerned as the cat never had a sick day until now., so I took her to a veterinarian where she was diagnosed with a nasal infection that could be cured by a simple treatment of antibiotics..

I looked into the cost of the prescribed antibiotics and asked a compounding pharmacist what it would be if a similar product was prescribed for a child. I was told it would be about CA$20.
                          It is widely available at retail in USA for US$16, which , with currency exchange, would be about the same as the Canadian pharmacist quoted., but the vet charged me $88.00....four times higher than it could/should have been.

The visit cost, including the antibiotics: $820.
                          Last edited by argonsagas; 03-19-2023, 09:32 AM.
                          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Vets, some are ridiculous, while others are God sends. Their seems to be no schedule to their pricing, it whatever they can get out of you.

Comment

Big different in Vets & Vets pricing. I've always wondered why they seem to always charge way more for working on house pets (dogs & cats) than on large animal (cows & horses). Brother had vet come to farm (house call) & help him pulling a calf, bill $400. Wife took her dog (no house call) to Vet. office, 3 shots & 1/2 case dog food bill right at $400.

Comment

Working...
                              X