Try again with the SpaceX Starship Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try again with the SpaceX Starship Launch

So, looks like they’re gonna try again here in a few hours, the new launch time is scheduled for sometime like 0800 or 0830, I can’t remember which but, same as before, you can find it on YouTube.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Welp, it went boom a few minutes into flight.
    Looked like it was having flight tracking problems but maybe that was normal flight for this thing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Impressive ! Looks like something went wrong at separation . On the news they said it was only supposed to rotate once . But judging by the cheering control room workers it doesn't look like it bothered them much .....
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Awesome. O-rings?
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

It tumbled twice, I believe it was supposed to separate at the top as it initially rolled but instead, it made its first roll and then the second without separating.
          If you watch the replay on space.com you see that it started to lose altitude and then, boom.

They collected tons of data from the short flight that’ll help to improve the next flight and in the end, it’ll be a safe, reliable and successful program just like the Falcon flights which suffered multiple losses and setbacks until finally, it’s our main transportation to the station along with cargo flights too.

Comment

Of course there were no "harmful emssions" associated with that. And a perfect contentment with needing to to it over and over wouldn't be in the least hypocritical from that crowd. Lol.

Comment

Scott Manley's summary and interpretation seems pretty good to me. Debris from failure of the launch mount to survive 2x Saturn V thrust caused damage on the vehicle, leading to a variety of problems. Three years ago they said they might regret not building a flame diverter. After the static fire test, they knew they were wrong but thought they could get one launch out of the fancy concrete they had used. On a lighter note, they won't have to dig it out to replace it.

Lot's of stuff went right, though. I think they have a good shot at a full test flight next time.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by JMHJ View Post
                Of course there were no "harmful emssions" associated with that. And a perfect contentment with needing to to it over and over wouldn't be in the least hypocritical from that crowd. Lol.
                I know Space-X uses MetholOx as it's [primary fuel source which I believe is harvested from clean sources of hydrogen and carbon (from the atmosphere /air we breath)and synthesized for the Raptor Engines, first of it's kind. Sure Methane is not "clean" but it does vaporize when exposed to atmosphere and is far less damaging to the environment than the Kerosene/Petroleum based rocket fuels that Nasa has used for decades.

Dogma Also agree, there is some great data gathered and we will likely see Man's largest and most powerful rocket send Starship to orbit very soon.

Cheers!
                Last edited by Jedz123; 05-16-2023, 10:17 AM.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Tesla's rocket program is awesome. The Saturn 5 rockets generated 1 years worth of car pollution for every launch, based on the number of cars at that time, The Space Shuttle was also a great polluter. Millions of parts to get one of these in the air, one parts breaks, and the whole thing can blow up. I think Tesla's rocket engines are an incredible design. I can't wait for the next launch, whatever happens.

Comment

Tesla's building rockets now?
                    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                    X