No announcement yet.

The Coronation and the Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, is there video of this whipping? That would be hilarious.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
      Wait, is there video of this whipping? That would be hilarious.
      Sorry, but no video.

Instead, an explanation:

There is an old term called "whipping boy" and to many of us it seems that Harry has permitted himself to be a real-life application of that term in reverse.

This article about "whipping boys" may help with with understanding

partial text:

The history of the whipping boys - although generally accepted as true - is largely clouded in mystery as scholars were unable to prove it for a very long time. The story of a whipping boy is certainly a story of injustice and mistreatment, and a great insight into the skewed social hierarchy of the early and late medieval period.

At the time, young boys from the upper echelons, be they kings, heirs, princes, highborn nobles, or monarchs of any type, often had whipping boys by their side. These children would be educated alongside the noble student and be on hand to take a beating when required. High ranking children of the era could in no way receive this kind of punishment, as their tutor or teacher almost always lower in social status, and couldn’t lay their hands on these privileged students. Instead, the tutor would beat, or whip, the whipping boy.
      One would hope that the act would have a moral effect on the young noble, and that the whipping boy’s suffering would serve as motivation not to repeat their transgressions. But, it is important to remember that schools of that period were not as forgiving as modern institutions. Teachers and tutors were often well within their rights to punish their disobedient and uninterested students in various ways. Kneeling on corn was a common chastising, as was the whipping of palms. However, proper whipping on the back and buttocks was also common, and usually done with a long, thin, and flexible stick.

Full article is available here:

The history of the world’s nobility is filled with extravagance, wealth, and, more than often, with arrogance. In all corners of the globe, aristocrats and nobles, kings and young princes, were all deemed to be untouchable, larger than life and protected by divine rights.

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

Sorry, but no video.

Instead, an explanation:

There is an old term called "whipping boy" and to many of us it seems that Harry has permitted himself to be a real-life application of that term in reverse.

This article about "whipping boys" may help with with understanding

partial text:

The history of the whipping boys - although generally accepted as true - is largely clouded in mystery as scholars were unable to prove it for a very long time. The story of a whipping boy is certainly a story of injustice and mistreatment, and a great insight into the skewed social hierarchy of the early and late medieval period.

At the time, young boys from the upper echelons, be they kings, heirs, princes, highborn nobles, or monarchs of any type, often had whipping boys by their side. These children would be educated alongside the noble student and be on hand to take a beating when required. High ranking children of the era could in no way receive this kind of punishment, as their tutor or teacher almost always lower in social status, and couldn’t lay their hands on these privileged students. Instead, the tutor would beat, or whip, the whipping boy.
        One would hope that the act would have a moral effect on the young noble, and that the whipping boy’s suffering would serve as motivation not to repeat their transgressions. But, it is important to remember that schools of that period were not as forgiving as modern institutions. Teachers and tutors were often well within their rights to punish their disobedient and uninterested students in various ways. Kneeling on corn was a common chastising, as was the whipping of palms. However, proper whipping on the back and buttocks was also common, and usually done with a long, thin, and flexible stick.

Full article is available here:

The history of the world’s nobility is filled with extravagance, wealth, and, more than often, with arrogance. In all corners of the globe, aristocrats and nobles, kings and young princes, were all deemed to be untouchable, larger than life and protected by divine rights.

Nah; you're just weird.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

I believe the name-calling and deliberate hate-mongering you just used is not permitted anywhere on GSR,. but perhaps you misunderstood the subject matter:

Harry was born into a royal family and for his entire life it has been his responsibility to observe each and every protocol applicable to that role.

Whether or not be was dedicated to fulfilling his responsibilities throughout his life is irrelevant as the subject is what occurred after he married..

In bringing her into the royal family Harry had the full responsibility to ensure both he and his new wife observed each and every one of the royal requirements and commitments to ensure the family image was not diminished by any public uttering, action or spectacle.

Instead, the opposite has happened and despite his lifelong responsibility to prevent it happening, he permitted it.

EDIT:

Sorry......He allowed it,
          So if you're born into racism, and then decide against it, you aren't doing right by your family? You think that these aren't people, human beings, and they are entitled, I believe you posted a thread about "Entitlements', maybe it was someone else.

They didn't like her coffee colored skin (coffee with milk). The British can be just as racist as everyone else can be. I experienced it there, first hand, but they were wrong, they called me a "Packy", but crapped their collective pants when I went up into that group and told them I am American!

Do you really believe what you posted? I find that shocking!!

It's the very reason that Monarchy should be abolished. The dehumanization of anybody dehumanizes all. These are very basic concepts. He's supposed to be the leader of the church. He goes against his biblical teachings. There are a lot more about a woman's role, but this one seems to apply to "King, who is also the Head of the Official State Church", that claims to be Christian.

Gen. 2 Verses 21 to 24
          and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." [24] Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh.​

If they are one flesh, then every sling and arrow cast at her was cast at him. The "Royalty" , "The Firm", considers themselves far above you or I'. I believe you misunderstood the subject matter, as indicated by your post, slyly advocating racism, underhandedly.**

Maybe the new "King" should just left it at being a Tampon", and the U.K. could just move on to one of the others queu'd up.
          The British know how to queu.
          ......"Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

**I believe the name-calling and deliberate hate-mongering you just used is not permitted anywhere on GSR,. but perhaps it's YOU who misunderstood the subject matter.

Comment

Working...
          X