No announcement yet.

The French seem to have a lot of empathy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to consider France as an evolved republic. They get upset quick and have no hesitation taking to the streets. It's like they take their responsibility to say no to BS really seriously
    My Mother passed after ten years in a home. They have a Fair Deal scheme here but they do look at all assets.
    I have lots of smiles from that time especially how she got herself banned from Bingo for cheating.
    Dementia is cruel but the people who work there are inspirational. It sucks.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

My Mom passed away just 2 years ago. The retirement home she was in was fantastic. They took fantastic care of here. They went out 3 times a week to Walmart, and other stores that the clients decided on. That home is in North Carolina. I live in Connecticut. I have 2 sisters in North Carolina. The retirement centers that are of any consequence in Connecticut are disgustingly expensive, and they have years long waiting list.

The French (and I have friends in France who consider this to be true) consider themselves the most civilized people on Earth. To me, to be able to say that statement kind of precludes you from it. I don't know that being civilized has anything with being empathetic and loving, civilized is kind of subjective. They still have the Maginot line. (Godwin's Law). I don't feel that way about any particular country, but have met people whom I consider extremely evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
        God alone knows what the French Government may have poisoned that town with. The whole town has Alzheimer's ? That doesn't sound strange to you?
        Bizarre response to the article ...
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post

Bizarre response to the article ...
          It was to the previous post about the CIA having poisoned a French Town. That came out in the 1970's.

Comment

It was to the previous post about the CIA having poisoned a French Town. That came out in the 1970's.
            just to keep things straight: the thread record shows yours was a response to the original post, and my post about CIA poisoning of the town was a reply to yours.
            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

just to keep things straight: the thread record shows yours was a response to the original post, and my post about CIA poisoning of the town was a reply to yours.
              You'll never get him to admit to it, his ego would be crushed.
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Uh, no it wasn't. It was the second post, period.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Yes,you are correct, it was the 2nd post. When I read in the Blue Box "the town where everybody has Alheimer's. I thought I the article was referring to the town where in the 1970's it came out that the CIA had poisoned the town with some kind of psychedelic drug, Having read the article, if these people have no where to go or nobody to take care of them, it is very progressive.

My wife's Grandmother (my son's Great Grandmother) had Alzheimer's and we "as a family" took care of her, till she needed to be put in hospice for palliative care. My Father in law developed Parkinson's Syndrome, and again, we, as a family, took care of him, till he had to go into hospice, to manage the pain, and frankly died a very painful death within a few weeks.

Some people don't have a family structure to do this, some do. No judgement, a statement of fact. There may be some that don't want to be bothered, but how would anybody know that?

@LAB3​ you stated:
                  You'll never get him to admit to it, his ego would be crushed.
                  Shove it, where the sun doesn't shine. You're comment is attacking, you know nothing about me. In that sense, you are quite ignorant.
                  [QUOTE}Keep in mind that Tuskegee and MK Ultra et al happened many decades ago, the only conspiracies that matter are the ones you voluntarily buy into][/QUOTE], so what the heck does that mean, that what was done in Tuskegee was a conspiracy that you buy into? What was your point, are you capable of intellectualizing an answer to that.
                  Keep in mind that Tuskegee and MK Ultra et al happened many decades ago, the only conspiracies that matter are the ones you voluntarily buy into.
                  Forget the past, and your destined to repeat it. That "incident" was done on a group of people who were lied to, told they had some general vague blood disease, and that they happened to be all of African descent, well I guess some Black lives don't matter, so forgetaboutit. Not sure what to call that kind of thinking, since 10 of the people who were part of that study are still alive and require 24 hr. care, it isn't relative, because when it was done to their parents, they didn't count? What are you trying to rationalize?

@argonsagas​ You post these threads and so far every one of them has been an attempt at intellectualizing on subjects that you troll on and try to get a rise out of people.

I freely offer up that I made a mistake about when I posted, and explained why. argonsagas​ named the town in the next post, so I guess he bought into the conspiracy he referred too?

LAB3​​ Do you ever post anything about working on motorcycles at all?

Have a nice day. My ego isn't tied up in non sequitur threads like this. I don't stoop to the level you guys do, and I have read some real cr@p on this forum, as I'm sure we all have. I've just read some and am commenting on it right now.. You could have given me a chance to comment my error, but you didn't, period. You are all perfect, I guess it's hard to deal with someone who isn't. You can go back to your kiss fest.

Comment

Pretty well stated responses. Thank you, sir.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

I learned something on one of my hospital stays a few years ago . That is just how real this condition is to the sufferer . I had surgical trauma . I thought I met the Pope wandering down the hallway. That I was a character in a book and if I found out I was a character in a book I would die . That the US DEA were in the hospital for some reason and prevented one of my numerous escape attempts . { They had my arms tied to the bed railings } And a few other pretty wild things . ....I know none of that happened but they are genuine memories complete with the visuals .

I've given some thought to this in my mom's case . Constantly confused and frightened . She would call out " Help " many times a day. Because I can equate to the reality of the madness I can visualize what my mom was experiencing the last year of her life . If I am brutally honest with myself and I hate to say this but I believe modern medicine kept my mom alive a little too long ......
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        I learned something on one of my hospital stays a few years ago . That is just how real this condition is to the sufferer . I had surgical trauma . I thought I met the Pope wandering down the hallway. That I was a character in a book and if I found out I was a character in a book I would die . That the US DEA were in the hospital for some reason and prevented one of my numerous escape attempts . { They had my arms tied to the bed railings } And a few other pretty wild things . ....I know none of that happened but they are genuine memories complete with the visuals .

I've given some thought to this in my mom's case . Constantly confused and frightened . She would call out " Help " many times a day. Because I can equate to the reality of the madness I can visualize what my mom was experiencing the last year of her life . If I am brutally honest with myself and I hate to say this but I believe modern medicine kept my mom alive a little too long ......
                        A dental procedure I had a year ago caused an infection to follow the nerve routes and I had to have my teeth removed. I went into C.Diff and Sepsis. The doctor told me I had a 25% chance of living, and every day I held on increased my chances. I asked him"Can you tell me what is it I'm supposed to hold?"

I saw some really crazy stuff, but also had some real epiphanies concerning my faith.

I do agree with you that sometimes modern medicine isn't allowing people to die naturally and extends their suffering. My Father in law had "Parkinson's Syndrome", which is different from "Parkinson's disease". He would be talking to you, then go completely blank. I was staying with him for many hours, this was one of the most brilliant men I have ever met, and when he came out of one of his episodes, I asked him, "Do you remember anything?", he said "No, not a damned thing". He remembered me sitting there, but not what we were talking about.

Eventually the "Blank outs" became the norm, and he had to go into hospice care. He had a cascading organ failure that started with pneumonia. It still hurts to know he suffered so much because the person who had "Power of Attorney", did not give the order to manage his pain, no matter what. My Neurosurgeon told me they will give you all the pain medicine you need to relieve your pain. You may die, but you will be in the least pain modern medicine has to offer. If you don't know what Sepsis is, look it up. I don't think I could get away with posting what is actually going on in real words that bring it out of the medical jargon.

Comment

Working...
                        X