Nightly news pushing medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightly news pushing medication

Been watching news lately, to keep up on current events & most of the commercials are geared toward a certain audience, apparently.

Just for fun, I wrote down all the drugs being pushed on nightly news (1/2 hour) over the course of a week.
    It's rather shocking the number & the names.
    All these mentioned have serious side effects, including death or tearing of the perineum or other painful side effects.

Following are all the medications I've heard prescribed:

Skirizi, Mounjaro, Ozempic, Tremfya, Astepro, Rinvoq, Cabenuva, Kerendiva, Cosentyx,Opselura, Cinbinqo,
    Evenity, Verzinio, Vabysmo, Ubrevuly, Vyvgart, Farxiga, Rybelsus, Ultomirus, Entresto, Kesimpta, Quviviq,
    Entkyvio, Kisqali, Fasenra, Paxlovid, Ubrevly, Trelegy.

Lots of options apparently if you're suffering from anything.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

It's not just the news, it's everywhere. It's the aging population. It's Medicare and Medicaid.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Well at least that's something we're spared. With our public health system the only drugs advertised are non - prescription ones. Looking at the list above I'm pretty sure most if not all are prescription only or not approved here. Suppliers of prescription only drugs are not permitted to advertise to the public. Medical journals and mail-outs to doctors yes.

Comment

Cigarette commercials were Kool.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
          Well at least that's something we're spared. With our public health system the only drugs advertised are non - prescription ones. Looking at the list above I'm pretty sure most if not all are prescription only or not approved here. Suppliers of prescription only drugs are not permitted to advertise to the public. Medical journals and mail-outs to doctors yes.
          I recall an article from a few years ago that stated the US and New Zealand were the only countries that advertised prescription drugs, sounds like you guys changed that since the article.

" Hey Doc, I want to walk happily on the beach, I need a pill " No doubt these commercials produce results. I have no idea what any of the above mentioned drugs are, but I do know I have seen a drug my wife uses advertised on tv.

She has had asthma for a long time and basically dealt with it as her doctor was never successful in alleviating her symptoms. A few years ago it was recommended to her that she see an allergist which really turned out to be life changing. The allergist suggested she try dupixent and it worked exceptionally well for her. So, I don't quite remember if dupixent has the beach walking scene, but if it does, they ain't lying!

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
            Drug companies aren't allowed to advertise here either . Does that mean we don't see drug ads ? Hell no ! Ninety percent of our TV options are American ......
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Just today, saw an item in a news show (CNN) about Ozembic (and two other weight loss drugs) now being offered in pill form rather han shots.
              Last edited by Rob S.; 05-25-2023, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                Just today, saw an item in a news show (CNN) about Ozembic (and two other weight loss drugs) now being offerex in pill form rather han shots.
                Correction: it will be new, different drugs (Wegovy?), and it may be a few years.

Comment

My life has never been better since I tried Extra Strength Fukitol!
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                  1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                  LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Lab, it is spelled Fukuall.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                      My life has never been better since I tried Extra Strength Fukitol!
                      Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                      Lab, it is spelled Fukuall.
                      In military terms, it's known as SNAFU.

Comment

People still watch news??
                        with ads holy crap
                        1983 GS 550 LD
                        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

With out the ads, who would pay their bills?
                          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Cigarette commercials were Kool.
                            I always wanted to be the "Marlborough Man" Cough cough............

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post

I always wanted to be the "Marlborough Man" Cough cough............
                              Admit it: You are just horsing around.
                              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                              X