George Maharis RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Maharis RIP

'Buzz' from route 66. Riding shotgun isn't so bad if it's an early '60's Vette and the top is always off. RIP
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

When there was any need for fisticuffs, Buzz would be involved.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Good ole route 66. One night years ago I found a web site that had a bunch of old t.v shows, route 66 , adam 12 ,dragnet to name a few
      I discovered it in the middle of winter when i didnt have a lot going on.

I went binge watching these three shows, I noticed right away when the guy from 66 and adam 12 died ,think his first name was Martin?
      For some reason i really enjoyed watch route 66 and adam 12.
      for some reason knowing these guys are not with us anymore makes it difficult for me to watch them.

I hope that feeling changes and i can watch them again someday.

best known for his role as the charismatic Buz Murdock in the 1960s CBS drama Route 66. He played the character for 82 episodes — from 1960 to 1963 —

until he contracted hepatitis. A doctor told him, “If you don’t get out now, you’re either going to be dead or you’re going to have permanent liver damage,

Lived to be 94....​

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
        Good ole route 66. One night years ago I found a web site that had a bunch of old t.v shows, route 66 , adam 12 ,dragnet to name a few

I went binge watching these three shows, I noticed right away when the guy from 66 and adam 12 died ,think his first name was Martin?
        ;
        Martin Millner . .
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post

For some reason i really enjoyed watch route 66 and adam 12.
          for some reason knowing these guys are not with us anymore makes it difficult for me to watch them.

I hope that feeling changes and i can watch them again someday.

best known for his role as the charismatic Buz Murdock in the 1960s CBS drama Route 66. He played the character for 82 episodes — from 1960 to 1963 —

until he contracted hepatitis. A doctor told him, “If you don’t get out now, you’re either going to be dead or you’re going to have permanent liver damage,

Lived to be 94....​

Maharis' biographer, Karen Blocher, says he left the show. because the producers lost all trust in him after discovering he was secretly gay..

"Maharis’ biographer, Karen Blocher, alleged that Maharis was secretly gay. Blocher claimed that Maharis left Route 66 after the producers discovered he was gay. She wrote:

“[Producer Herbert B. Leonard] thought he’d hired a young hunk for the show, a hip, sexy man and good actor that all the girls would go for. This was all true of Maharis, but not the whole story, as Leonard discovered to his anger and dismay. George was gay, it turned out.”

Blocher added that the producers felt ‘betrayed and duped’ when they learned Maharis was gay. “[They] never trusted him again,” Blocher continued. “Maharis, for his part, started to feel that he was carrying the show and going unappreciated.”

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
          X