Pod tuning video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pod tuning video

So you want to put pods on to increase airflow but how do you tune them? By restricting it! Seems like a rather roundabout way to do this when a couple of wraps of duct tape would probably do a better job. Still though, someone might get a good idea out of watching this.

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

I miss Ichiban. His videos are gold.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I need an oil pan (Begins to rummage through wife's baking pans)
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of pods?

I mean, before I got my carbs jetted (properly: on a dyno), I had to cover about 90% of the pods' surface with electrical tape. But that was only so I could ride it over to the tuner.

Why open up the intake just to turn around and restrict it again? Apparently, you guys are not spending enough time near red line.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          you guys
          Who guys? All I did was post a video, my bike uses the stock air intake.

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

That video is actually pretty good. What the tubes do is increase the length of the tube, decreasing the pressure, allowing the diaphragms to work. This is a problem with some CV carb bikes, the diaphragms don't rise enough. Bernoulli principle.

Comment

Working...
            X