Fuddle Duddling Hospitals !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuddle Duddling Hospitals !

Every time they use a catheter on me I have problems . Three surgeries all the same . So yesterday I have another surgery . They have agreed not to use a catheter because all they are doing is going down an artery in my leg to open an umbrella in there to open up where the aneurysm is . Just before he puts the mask over my face I remind them " NO " catheter . So I get home and have major burning pain peeing . I wake up this morning still with lots of pain so I call my surgeon to find out if I need to go to emergency . Guess what ? He tells me while he was getting ready they stuck a catheter { that I don't need for this procedure } in there. He says I have to drink lots of water and endure this for two or three days ...... I am seriously pi$$ed off !

And what doubles my anger is that once they got in there they found the artery was completely blocked but nature had formed a channel for the blood to flow around and everything is fine ....So they didn't do a damn thing .....

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Unless you have this in writing well your screwed. But they did a procedure without consent so unless they admit it then what? Or they'll just and concoct a tale that it was medically necessary and falls under the informed consent policies of your local pill pusher empire
    screw it call a lawyer and the CBC.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
      Unless you have this in writing well your screwed. But they did a procedure without consent so unless they admit it then what? Or they'll just and concoct a tale that it was medically necessary and falls under the informed consent policies of your local pill pusher empire
      screw it call a lawyer and the CBC.
      I learned the hard way about suing doctors in Kanada when I had diverticulitus . My GP ordered a CT scan and referred me to a gastroenterologist . He did a colonoscopy and told me was going to book my surgery and if I didn't hear from him Friday to call him Monday . I would spend the next three months dutifully calling once a week and leaving a message with the receptionist . Then I was at another doctor and mentioned it to him. He said " I know this guy I'll give him a call. " He does and they chat and he gets off the phone and says to me " He's going to call you Friday but if he doesn't call him Monday. " This would go on for another three months when I went back to my GP. I haven't seen the CT scan report but he has and the report said " It's boots and saddles time " . He has to call the gastro Doc twice who finally books my surgeon . Six months have now passed .....The surgeon books my surgery over the phone before examining me . Instead of bucking out the couple of inches it used to be and sewing it back together they now buck out nine feet { it's stretched to that length because of the tiny opening .} The doctor told me I had the largest chunk of intestine ever seen at St. Paul's Hospital. Said rolled up it was the size of his head ......

The doctors suggested I go to the college but getting him punished wouldn't help me so I went to a lawyer and got educated in suing doctors in Kanada . First off they are all covered by the same insurance company and they fight everything never settling . And you must prove that they were the sole cause of the results.... Contributed to is not enough . Add to that the maximum award the law allows is $350,000 { Pain and suffering. There are no punitive damages in medicine in Kanada } and that is for the absolute worst of cases. He figured I'd be worth about $150,000. He told me he thought he could win but if he didn't I'd be on the hook for around 300 grand for the insurance company's legal fees . The risk reward ratio just wasn't there .....

So I'll have to content myself with being ticked off every time I pee for the next few days .....
      Last edited by bccap; 06-01-2023, 01:45 PM.
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Well, none of this sounds enticing. Get well soon!

Comment

I know a gal who gave up thee joys of being a hospital nurse to join the VON. Apparently the affected area gets dilated with time requiring an ever larger catheter. Something to look forward too!!!!!
          and yet they cant use a ballon on a prostate.....or can they.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I'd still sue. Get Lawyer on a Contingency basis, and get what you can get. It's no better in the U.S., they have a set amount they figure you are worth. What is does do is put a mark on that doctor, his insurance rates could go up, so you can have a little satisfaction. As far as the insurance companies fees, that's hogwash. The court makes the doctors insurance pay any fees. You don't win a settlement, then have to pay the insurance company. Talk to a lawyer, not to the people affiliated with the system.

Did he look like this, this guy has a bad reputation.

Canadian-gynecologist.jpg
            Last edited by Suzukian; 06-01-2023, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
              I'd still sue. Get Lawyer on a Contingency basis, and get what you can get. It's no better in the U.S., they have a set amount they figure you are worth. What is does do is put a mark on that doctor, his insurance rates could go up, so you can have a little satisfaction. As far as the insurance companies fees, that's hogwash. The court makes the doctors insurance pay any fees. You don't win a settlement, then have to pay the insurance company. Talk to a lawyer, not to the people affiliated with the system.

Did he look like this, this guy has a bad reputation.

Canadian-gynecologist.jpg
              Our laws are different than yours . Everything I said in the second paragraph of post 3 came out of the lawyer I consulted . There is no law allowing punitive damages in Kanada which would maybe make something out of it . And pain and suffering for three days pain would be a negligible amount . The way it works here is if you sue somebody and lose you have to pay the lawyer they used ......

I have to go back in a few months to get the artery in the other leg done . I am going to draw up a document saying that if he does it again I get to put one in him using all the skills learned on my tugboat .....​
              1983 GS 750

Comment

You might have a Health Board you can file a complaint with. Document everything. If it doesn't help you, it will help others. I had a doctor screw me over so bad, the State of Connecticut Attorney General got involved. I almost got this guys practice closed down. He had to pay a $10K bill he attributed to me. Every doctor in the State of Connecticut got a warning that if they did any kind of blood tests or urine tests, "out of network", the patient would not be liable. My other doctors I had talked to told me they got letters, and the letters did not mention me, but they knew, as I had talked with them. They were happy I took this guy down. I got black listed in my area for Pain Management, but now, once a month, I drive 35 miles to the best Pain Management doctor I have ever had.

Comment

Your whole experience should have been avoidable Cap. The self- modifications to the artery should have been picked up on a scan. It's standard practise to use a dye indicator on arterial scans and i'm pretty sure that would have been picked up.
                  My experience on once stating to a surgeon what the consequences would be if he did X....... is that you get a reputation for threatening behaviour. Even if it's couched in the mildest most polite terms. Once it's on file it doesn't come off.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

I learned the hard way about suing doctors in Kanada when I had diverticulitus . My GP ordered a CT scan and referred me to a gastroenterologist . He did a colonoscopy and told me was going to book my surgery and if I didn't hear from him Friday to call him Monday . I would spend the next three months dutifully calling once a week and leaving a message with the receptionist . Then I was at another doctor and mentioned it to him. He said " I know this guy I'll give him a call. " He does and they chat and he gets off the phone and says to me " He's going to call you Friday but if he doesn't call him Monday. " This would go on for another three months when I went back to my GP. I haven't seen the CT scan report but he has and the report said " It's boots and saddles time " . He has to call the gastro Doc twice who finally books my surgeon . Six months have now passed .....The surgeon books my surgery over the phone before examining me . Instead of bucking out the couple of inches it used to be and sewing it back together they now buck out nine feet { it's stretched to that length because of the tiny opening .} The doctor told me I had the largest chunk of intestine ever seen at St. Paul's Hospital. Said rolled up it was the size of his head ......

The doctors suggested I go to the college but getting him punished wouldn't help me so I went to a lawyer and got educated in suing doctors in Kanada . First off they are all covered by the same insurance company and they fight everything never settling . And you must prove that they were the sole cause of the results.... Contributed to is not enough . Add to that the maximum award the law allows is $350,000 { Pain and suffering. There are no punitive damages in medicine in Kanada } and that is for the absolute worst of cases. He figured I'd be worth about $150,000. He told me he thought he could win but if he didn't I'd be on the hook for around 300 grand for the insurance company's legal fees . The risk reward ratio just wasn't there .....

So I'll have to content myself with being ticked off every time I pee for the next few days .....
                    I am not sure about the rules for filing in Small Claims Court in BC, but I think it is probable you would face the same defence lawyer(s) as they do not want precedent set in any court..
                    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
                      Your whole experience should have been avoidable Cap. The self- modifications to the artery should have been picked up on a scan. It's standard practise to use a dye indicator on arterial scans and i'm pretty sure that would have been picked up.
                      My experience on once stating to a surgeon what the consequences would be if he did X....... is that you get a reputation for threatening behaviour. Even if it's couched in the mildest most polite terms. Once it's on file it doesn't come off.
                      They did do a dye and scan . { Gawd that's an awful taste in your mouth when they inject it } I've seen it though I had no idea what I was looking at even though he was pointing out on the scan what the problem was and doing his best to explain it ......... And they didn't do any damage going down there . My description may be inaccurate as I was coming down off the anesthetic . All I really know is that the artery was fully blocked but somehow the blood is getting by.....So they didn't open the umbrella thingie that was the original plan and told me everything is fine ....... I'm not going to threaten him. He's doing my other leg and his reputation is top notch .

I'll deal with it with humour when I sign the release I'm going to draw up my own document making him swear on his Country Club membership that if he does it again I get to do it to him. And us tugboat Captains are known for gently coming up on a towline with thousands of horsepower which isn't anywhere near gentle enough to not rip his dick off ...... And when I go in there I'll have a plastic cup over my dick labelled " Don't even think about it ! " .......
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

You might have a Health Board you can file a complaint with. Document everything. If it doesn't help you, it will help others. I had a doctor screw me over so bad, the State of Connecticut Attorney General got involved. I almost got this guys practice closed down. He had to pay a $10K bill he attributed to me. Every doctor in the State of Connecticut got a warning that if they did any kind of blood tests or urine tests, "out of network", the patient would not be liable. My other doctors I had talked to told me they got letters, and the letters did not mention me, but they knew, as I had talked with them. They were happy I took this guy down. I got black listed in my area for Pain Management, but now, once a month, I drive 35 miles to the best Pain Management doctor I have ever had.
                        Yeah we do. It's called the College of Physicians and Surgeons . That is what both my surgeon and GP suggested which surprised me as doctors are known for covering each other's a$$es. Which would have resulted in him likely being disciplined in some way. But no benefit to me . I'm not interested in going through a long testimonial process just to get revenge. The only thing I really want to know is why all my messages were ignored ? All he had to do was call a surgeon and make an appointment . When he did finally call me back he wanted to do another colonoscopy. I told him no he was out of the picture and just to get me that appointment with the surgeon . Good thing I did as the surgeon over the phone with no examination scheduled me for the time it took to clean out my system { 3 or 4 days } . He later told me that when he went in there my intestines were tearing apart from the pressure and any longer and I wouldn't have made it .....
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

When a doctor here refers you to a surgeon, they send the medical records over, and give you the number to call and you make the first consultation appointment.

Comment

When a doctor here refers you to a surgeon, they send the medical records over, and give you the number to call and you make the first consultation appointment.
                            A little different here . The surgeon calls you and makes the appointment .....
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

I think, from looking in from the outside, it's a power play They seem to have the power. You make the appointment in my state, (Connecticut) but it might be 3 months before he decides to see you. I have found that Neurosurgeons see you right away. Internal surgical doctors, like for Hernias and the like, take their sweet time. I have one of the best Eye Surgeons in the country. If I miss an appt. with him, it will be 6 months before I get to see him again, so he schedules me way in advance, and I make those appts. no matter what, same with my Pain Management doctor.

Comment

Working...
                              X