What people live for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What people live for

Looks like this video has been around awhile but I just saw it for the first time yesterday, a great story condensed down to the size of a TV commercial.

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

That was beautiful. I had never see it before. Thanks for sharing.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Super cool and meaningful.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

It was a Bank Commercial. The Center Bank of Thailand. Now here's what gets me, this happened in 2007. There were a total of 17 guys in the group. As of recently, only 2 have died, and all of them were at least 80 years old. This says a lot about Thailand and the longevity and will of their peoples. It may be a bank commercial, but they set the template for how commercials should be done. They set the bar very high! I enjoyed watching that, Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Oh gawd here we go again....

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            Oh gawd here we go again....
            Is there any particular reason you are so rude? I even thanked you for posting the video, and meant it. Have you not found your way out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post

Is there any particular reason you are so rude? I even thanked you for posting the video, and meant it. Have you not found your way out yet?
              Don't mind him. He's always rude, gruff, fat, short, and wishing he had hair. LMAO
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
                It was a Bank Commercial. The Center Bank of Thailand. Now here's what gets me, this happened in 2007. There were a total of 17 guys in the group. As of recently, only 2 have died, and all of them were at least 80 years old. This says a lot about Thailand and the longevity and will of their peoples. It may be a bank commercial, but they set the template for how commercials should be done. They set the bar very high! I enjoyed watching that, Thanks for posting it.
                there's nothing that is Thai about that video (except maybe the shot of a rice bowl )
                I think you oughta implement a 'proof-reading' policy before you hit many of the Post Reply prompts
                1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post

there's nothing that is Thai about that video (except maybe the shot of a rice bowl )
                  I think you oughta implement a 'proof-reading' policy before you hit many of the Post Reply prompts
                  You're right. Thailand is not part of Taiwan, but none of that, or that the film may have been made as a bank commercial is relevant to the point being made, which is of living.

Why is it that there is always someone that will take any excuse to take a dump in the cornflakes and crap on the napkins?

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post

You're right. Thailand is not part of Taiwan, but none of that, or that the film may have been made as a bank commercial is relevant to the point being made, which is of living.

Why is it that there is always someone that will take any excuse to take a dump in the cornflakes and crap on the napkins?
                    We could go down the rabbit hole into wonderland and play the Dr Phil home game in an attempt to come up with a sensible answer to senseless comments but seeing that it's the dawn of a new weekend I'll say it's because those in question secretly wish to experience an involuntarily increase in the diameter of their anus.

Comment

Is it a commercial ? Or just a fun little video sponsored by a bank . Nothing on it seems to advertise .....
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

My Bad. When I looked up the name of the Bank at the end of the video, it peaked my curiosity. The first thing that came up was "RC Bank of Thailand". Like I posted, the bank set a high bar for advertising. I think the video was great and the people in it inspiring.

The Logo of the Bank is the advertising. I think there may have been people there who had more than advertising in mind, it seems self evident.

I wish I was bald. I have to give myself a Buzz cut every 4 weeks, as my hair grows thick, and so does the beard. It is relevant that the commercial was part of a Bank advertising campaign. It was probably very successful. Read the back story to find out that the Bank financed the whole thing. That's great! I am of the opinion that makes it relevant. Not all banks do this kind of thing. I can't think of any actually.

LAB3​ , I still thank you for posting it, in spite of yourself. It must have been hard. It's good that you throw the insults, as it brings up the rest of the "rising damp" into the light of the forum and as they post, they can be seen for whoever they may be. Thank You for that also.
                        Last edited by Suzukian; 06-02-2023, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I'm fine. I just would like to see everyone chill a bit and stop looking so hard for something to find fault with in everything. he eh And ,.............BTW,........it's Lab that is short, and bald. lol

Comment

Inspirational. Reminds me of Space Cowboys and Pirsig for some strange reason.
                            Unfortunately my deep seated distrust for banks and everything they stand for..... puts me on guard but you know what....doesn't matter.
                            As a stand alone piece of cinema it works. Can and would corporations seek to exploit that... Yes...... but a Shark is a Shark by nature.
                            97 R1100R
                            Previous
                            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Well put. I wish I wasn't so wordy.
                              earlfor​ Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X