National Donut Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Donut Day

Happy National Donut Day! I almost missed it, because for some reason I thought it was tomorrow. But if you keep it in your heart, every day can be donut day. That's the way I try to live my life.​
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Do Nut adjust your sets.
    Dough-nought id argue all nite but half-assed spelling makes me sleepy.

And another thing when i was small my granny would fry donuts in a new fangled electric pan on the kitchen table. And safely standing immediately adjacent upon a chair was I. No one got hurt by being stupid enough to stick their hands in boiling fat.

1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Speaking of Dough-nuts, I think I have a hernia.

Comment

It a cheap knock-off holiday compared to the original, I think it's a PC thing they did to make it more inclusive.

Pączki Day (Fat Tuesday in Poland) is one of my favorite holidays. And we get to celebrate it twice! Read more about Pączki Day 2024. PDF Word Search for kids
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Screenshot_20230602_221118_Gallery.jpg

Comment

Just remembered this, last month co worker left eight what some call "jelly filled" or "jam doughnuts " or Bismarcks ? In my work truck.
            after I ate most of them ,threw them out in the grass on job site.

I figured the birds would tear it up, squirrel snatched it up first...lol

20230516_111233.jpg

Comment

My neighbour's dog visits. He is old Grey. I feed him doughnuts. He eats his fill then takes a last one and buries it.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

My aunt lived out in the country and had a yellow lab,
                my aunt and cousins fed the dog all kinds of cookies, donuts, and hostess, Dolly Madison products to name a few.

I remember people telling aunt and cousins they were harming the dogs health by doing so.

Dog lived a long time...lol think about twelve years.

Comment

It's been a while since I have been a donut guy, I do miss them. My go to was DD blueberry cake.

Comment

Remember the Dunkin' Donuts Crullers, which they don't have anymore, I don't know why. My cat (Rambette), she lived for 23 years, and if you were eating one of those, and wasn't paying attention, she'd jump right up and bat that cruller out of your hand and run off with it. It is the only edible she did that with.

Her mom (Carlisle), who lived for 25 years, would go crazy for Tater Tots, and Donuts.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                      It a cheap knock-off holiday compared to the original, I think it's a PC thing they did to make it more inclusive.

https://adayinourshoes.com/paczki-day/

Those donuts are so rich and delicious. I don't eat donuts anymore, but when a fresh shipment of these come it, I always buy a box. They're delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
                        Remember the Dunkin' Donuts Crullers, which they don't have anymore, I don't know why. My cat (Rambette), she lived for 23 years, and if you were eating one of those, and wasn't paying attention, she'd jump right up and bat that cruller out of your hand and run off with it. It is the only edible she did that with.

Her mom (Carlisle), who lived for 25 years, would go crazy for Tater Tots, and Donuts.
                        I didn’t go for the Crullers but the occasional DD “ Jelly Stick “ worked!

Comment

The Jelly filled crullers were the bomb!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post

Those donuts are so rich and delicious. I don't eat donuts anymore, but when a fresh shipment of these come it, I always buy a box. They're delicious!
                            In the Polish enclave of Detroit that I was born in.the old ladies would all get together in the church kitchen to make those the old fashioned way with potato flour and dropped them into vats of hot lard. Most of the time they'd be filled with mincemeat spiced with clove and mint, not really all that great BUT the second and third generation folks where quite OK with stuffing them with jelly or custard using the same flour/lard combo.
                            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

That's really interesting. Sounds more like a meal. I bet they tasted good. Lard as bad as it is for you, carries a lot of flavor.

Comment

Working...
                              X