Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden treasure,

Stumbled across this story.

Here's a cautionary tale for you: be careful how you quit your job . This guy surely regrets the way he bowed out of a construction job! The OP of this story, u/lrze403, shared the tale of what happened between them and their least favorite coworker. The whole reason the OP and this coworker had bad blood is because the coworker couldn't keep his mouth closed. The OP had posted photos of them doing an unsavory activity, and the coworker showed the pics to the boss. OP probably should've known b…

Reminds me of when I was working for a friend's dad in the summer of tenth grade.

Friends dad had a auto repair garage/ towing busines,part of that business was a salvage yard.

He hired me and a few others to strip cars of what parts he wanted and take them to larger scrap yard across town to be crushed.

His lot was full and wanted to get rid of a lot of the stuff that summer.

Anyway we would look through the cars, sometimes pulling seats out , break into trunks to see what in there.

I still have Buck Knife, Coleman lantern from back then..lol

But this one guy found a crown royal bag full of coins.

We told him to keep them and see if they were worth anything, he found them, and it was known that we were allowed to.

Cause we never did find anything that valuable, Buck Knife was best thing I ever found, that and thirteen dollars in ashtray of some old car.

But the friends dad was a known coin collector, so the guy gave the bag to the boss
    I was in the office when friends dad looked through the coins, he even got out some old coin books he had.

What do ya know, one of the coins was extremely rare and valuable, but a lot of fakes had been made....turns out this was a fake in the end.

It would've been one of like five known to exist and been worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    I ask the guy that found the bag, how he gonna feel if the coin ends up being worth a bunch...he didn't say anything.

I don't think the boss would've have him anything if it was..kinda guy he was.

Got any treasure stories.

I've heard of one kinda simular to story above, may post it?

I had a friend (this is years ago) who I would barter for the recovered Silver from the film processor that the camera shop told him he could have as a "bonus". The recovered Silver look like black charcoal. It was only when you melted it that it would turn Silver. It was 99.99% pure Silver.

I ended up with 16lbs. of this stuff. I probably bartered $100 bucks of service, like letting him do his laundry, as I had a larger washer and drier. I hate doing laundry, and I was the only single person I knew who owned these precious time saving devices. He thought this stuff was junk, never bothered checking it out. More of an associate than friend.

I used to melt the Silver in a small crucible I had, and pour it out. Let if cool, since it was like a drop, it was easy to pound with a 5 .lb mallet into quarter size pieces, it was very malleable. I started minting my own coins. I would look up the price of Silver. A guy a few streets over owned a deli, and would take one coin for a 12" Grinder. He loved the fact that it was pure Silver. I would stamp the weight into the coil, and punch in a smiley face.

I still have around 15.5 lbs. of this stuff in a bag. My precious!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
      He loved the fact that it was pure Silver. )
      Same friends dad ( that I worked for) in original post in this thread , had some stuff I'd never seen before or since.

Like some bars of silver, can't remember weight, and four or five $1,000 bills.

Friends dad had a old chevy camaro, 68or 69? Really nice car, and his dad sold it to a guy that had a Chevrolet dealership, and part of the deal was $1000 bills and silver

Guy was buying the car for his grandson,

I would've been skeptical accepting the bills as part of the deal myself, but I guess everything was good.

Comment

Working...
      X