More fun at work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More fun at work...

Can't make this stuff up. Last night the afternoon shift guys came to the stockroom looking for a drill. Terri the stock keeper asked what kind but was unable to locate it, when 3rd shift arrived she asked the lead if he had seen a Ingrid Randsaw drill. He asked her to repeat it and wrote on a White board Ingrid Randsaw drill. Then he paged all of the Maintenance crew to the office before saying "I'm guessing you need a Ingersol-Rand drill". Needless to say she didn't send the email she had prepared to send the rest of us asking about this item..........
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Tomorrow, when I'm at work, I will add to this thread.
    But right now, I'm sitting in my garage looking to the west, watching a thunderstorm roll in, enjoying a beer or two...
    I try not to think about work on my time.
    haha.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

When i was straight out of highschool I worked fir a friends dad auto repair/salvage yard/ used car lot/ wrecker service.

Friends dad, the boss ,with his wife, came by my house the night before they left to go on vacation for a week.

He hands me a hundred dollar bill, I said "what's this for?"
      He said "just be at work while I'm gone i know richard ( his hired supervisor) will be difficult "
      I laughed and said OK.

Well he was right, Richard gave all us younger guys a hard time, gave all kinds of stuff to do, most of it ridiculous.

I put up with him, laughed at him most the time.

But on Thursday during a windy and stormy day he wanted me and another guy to replace some fluorescent bulbs in the company sign.
      I told him it was a bad idea with the windy and downpour of a day.

The way they would normally do it...

They had a platform made with plenty of room for two guys and a third guy would lift them up using a forklift to raise the platform

Then you removes frame around the 5x8 ft plastic sign remove it and replace the florescent bulbs.

I flat out refused to do it, as windy as it was I knew, knowing my luck the wind would snatch up the plastic sign as soon as it was removed.

Well Richard called me few names and sent me across the street to the salvage yard to remove some parts in the rain as punishment.

Supervisor Richard last words to me as he was getting ready to get lifted up to change the florescent bulbs and I was walking across the street was
      ( "I should've known better to ask a boy to do a man's job!!)
      I probably said something or made some kind of gesture

So I'm across the street I can see supervisor Richard and two not knowing young helpers start the process as I'm taking off some brake rotors and calibers.

Richard get the sheet of plastic off, and the wind gusts like crazy and the sign falls twenty feet , right on the hood and fender of the bosses truck which just hours ago had been delivered from a body shop

The boss was wanting his truck done when he got back from vacation.

I was off in the salvage yard, I just leaned up against the car laughing my arse off for a half an hour.

Believe it or not few years later me and supervisor richard had a very simular incident, in which he mouthed the same phrase ( should have known better to send a boy to do a man's job)) with same disastrous results..unbelievable.

Last edited by trent; 06-15-2023, 10:46 PM.

Comment

20230616_091432.jpg We make quite a few Tie-Rod nuts.
        Our highly qualified and payed engineers put together a Bill of Material including the size and material that needs to be ordered to do the job.
        When ordering the material, you have to add stock for machining. Usually 1/4" overall.
        Well they added the 1/4" to the outside diameter. (Good)
        They also ADDED a 1/4" it the inside diameter making the inside diameter to big! (Bad)!
        This isn't rocket science folks. I cost the company thousands of dollars. This also isn't the first time this kind of thing happened.
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Even more fun today! A young Automation Tech. had turned in his notice to take a better job and today was his last day. It is customary for the Manager of our Dept. to spring for a meal for everyone when someone with some time is leaving the Company on good terms. After our Pizza and Wings I asked when he was starting the new job and he said I'm not. They called him in today and matched (maybe topped) the offer he had. I said Sweet! We got fed and you got the money!

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

A Generational observation. We have a couple of Maintenance techs at the plant who are polar opposites but often work together. Cliff is big and Corky is small. Someone put a picture of Big and Little Enos from Smokey and the Bandit on the fridge door in the office and labeled it Cliff and Corky. One of our 30 something year old Automation Techs had no frame of reference, never saw the movie or heard of Big and Little Enos. Yeah, I'm getting old.....

Big and little Enos by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              A Generational observation. We have a couple of Maintenance techs at the plant who are polar opposites but often work together. Cliff is big and Corky is small. Someone put a picture of Big and Little Enos from Smokey and the Bandit on the fridge door in the office and labeled it Cliff and Corky. One of our 30 something year old Automation Techs had no frame of reference, never saw the movie or heard of Big and Little Enos. Yeah, I'm getting old.....

Big and little Enos by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
              Well, it only rang a bell with me because it was only two years ago I saw Smokey and the Bandit for the first time. Never saw it in the cinema, only caught bits in passing when it was on the tv, and finally decided to download it since there was a bit of cultural reference in it I wanted to nail.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

OOhhh, 1977, 46 yrs. ago, Pretty good year. Release of Smokey and the Bandit, also first yr. for our old Suzuki GS's.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

Well, it only rang a bell with me because it was only two years ago I saw Smokey and the Bandit for the first time. Never saw it in the cinema, only caught bits in passing when it was on the tv, and finally decided to download it since there was a bit of cultural reference in it I wanted to nail.
                  I first watched it about ten years ago, mainly because people couldn't believe I hadn't seen it..LOL.

I liked it, so i watched the 2nd one, it was ok, but not like the first one.

Then lasted about ten minutes on the third one.

Comment

S & tB was a childhood favorite. It still makes me laugh. And while the fashions and vehicles are dated, it made the Firebird TA a star, and Reynolds a bigger star than he was, and led to other even sillier movies. II was still funny, with Dom DeLuise. (Reynolds wasn’t in III, which is pretty unwatchable). Cannonball Run is another guilty pleasure.

S & tB has held up well, I think, with younger generations finding it and keeping it in the rotation on TV. Snowman’s trailer was seen in an episode of The Walking Dead a few years back.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 06-18-2023, 10:55 PM.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Ya'll amaze me, I've seen S &B several times, but wouldn't have had a clue that was the trailer from the movie...Not sure if I don't pay attention?, I don't remember?, or both?
                      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                        Ya'll amaze me, I've seen S &B several times, but wouldn't have had a clue that was the trailer from the movie...Not sure if I don't pay attention?, I don't remember?, or both?
                        Don't worry, it wasn't integral to the story.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

that would make it even less noticeable or memorable, How ya'll ever keep up with that stuff?

Comment

The owner of an auto repair shop who paid a former worker with 91,500 oily pennies has been ordered by a judge to pay nearly 4 million more cents

Comment

Karma is a B!tch...........

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                              X