The worlld could be a better place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worlld could be a better place

When this article from People's Magazine about slaughtering dogs as meat came up on today's news it upset me.
    It is very difficult for me to accept, but the article and its links shows that our world has multiple, and continuing, "markets" for this. . .

Warning: it is not a friendly read.

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Should this not be in the "whats for dinner" section? Oh wait, this is a motorcycle forum................my bad!
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

It's all about the customs of the area. Some cultures wouldn't agree with our slaughtering cows for steaks and burgers... Also wonder how folks here, that aren't accustomed to country way of life, may take what happens in slaughter houses, if they saw what it is really like.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Common in China and most of Asia.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
          It's all about the customs of the area. Some cultures wouldn't agree with our slaughtering cows for steaks and burgers... Also wonder how folks here, that aren't accustomed to country way of life, may take what happens in slaughter houses, if they saw what it is really like.
          Amen...........
          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
          80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I love cows. Cows are delicious!
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

There is undeniably truth in that comment.

Long time ago the General manager at a beef production company in Toronto's Stockyard area asked me to work with his company. Pay was very good, advancement opportunities also very good. It all looked and sounded good.

BUT

I never started the job.. Never mind being inside the buildings....just being anywhere in the surrounding area was too much for my olfactory system: ..I could not handle the smell of the place.
              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

I only like cows ground into little tubes that I can compact into flat patties.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
                  I only like cows ground into little tubes that I can compact into flat patties.
                  yea, along with the health to prove it.

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

My brother in law grows his cows. Naturally fed, top notch beef. I prefer Fish though, the Mercury allows me to tell the temperature more accurately.

Comment

Also wonder how folks here, that aren't accustomed to country way of life, may take what happens in slaughter houses, if they saw what it is really like.
                      My previous job, we went to a lot of factories, and installed equipment, sometimes a whole new line for process!

One of them was a hog slaughter house, they called it something else, more friendly term i think...like processing plant?

I got the grand tour, from a lifer in management.

He said every month they would hire about 60 people for orientation class, introduction.

He said first day maybe 50 people show up, and the number of people who would show up next day dropped to 40.

Next day dropped to 35, and when they got around to giving tour of the plant they told people they didn't have to go through the kill floor unless that's what they were hired for, most were not.

anyway by the end of the orientation, he said they might have ten people actually show up to start working , and on average after three month only "five "people from that class would still be there.

That place ran two shifts a day, at 5,000-6000 hogs a shift.

I was only there for about 18 days, I seen the trucks rolling and knowing how many hogs i was told they process in a shift

I started to wonder where are all these hogs coming from.

It was messed up, I didn't care to eat pork for a while after that LOL.

I'm glad I wasn't there any longer than I was,
                      pulling into the parking lot would turn my stomach.

Comment

Pork, the other white meat. I'd be put off for a while, but I do like pork, and know how to make some exotic Caribbean dishes using pork, delicious.

Comment

Working...
                        X