No announcement yet.

E bike fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering what a 28MPH. gas bike should get in MPG. Would be interesting to compare mi. expected from a $50 bike batt. to $50 worth of gasoline... Hard to figure , no clue how many times batt. may recharge before it's gone.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      What are the rules? You tell us what the classes are, but what rules? Which, if any of the 4 classes (1, 2, 3 & motorcycle) require:

registration

inspection

insurance

driver's license

motorcycle license

You're in Connecticut, right, so we can dispose of the helmets.

Around here (NYC), they're driven on streets, sidewalks, lawns, and anywhere else you can think of. 10 lane highways (like the Grand Central Parkway near LaGuardia airport)? Yes. Lane splitting? Of course.

You said they're "hear" to stay. That's their most dangerous attribute - they cannot be heard until it's too late. I'd sooner ride a horse.
      Here in BC it isn't the class that determines whether it is a motorcycle ..... Anything over 500 watts requires a registration, insurance, and license ...... However a few municipalities have adopted bylaws on their trails making them only eligible to Class 1 bikes. Been a big backlash from seniors who may need throttle only on occasion so some municipalities have backed down on their bylaws ......
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
        The first thing I do is go about 300 feet into N.Y. state and drive up Rte. 22 into the mountains of New York. Unless you have been riding up there, you wouldn't imagine the fantastic roads and quaint towns.
        Been there. My favorite is the Palisades Parkway, all the way up. The farther north you go, the more rural and beautiful it gets.

Then on to route 6 (Long Mountain Parkway). Stunning. Lakes, mountains, views of the valley. The Bear Mountain and West Point area. You can pull over anywhere, sit by a lake or hike into the woods, rent a row boat.

Then sometimes, up route 17 (the "Quickway") to Middletown, or even Monticello if I'm feeling ambitious. When I got my Sporty in 2016, I went past Ellenville and Kerhonkson (Accord, NY) and found a pine tree I climbed every summer from '65 to '69.

I love upstate New York. Used to live on the 'Barge' (Erie) Canal between Rochester and Buffalo. Lake Ontario is great. A great lake.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

It has to be some of the best roads to ride on in the world. There are areas up there that you can go as fast as you dear, and the quality of the road upkeep is fantastic. I love leaning way over going up Bear mountain, leaning all the way over, maybe ding 35 mph, it's quite exhilarating I'll go up to route 44 and over to 199 to Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, then back over to Connecticut on Route 4 to Rte. 7 down Rte. 39 to my home. Excellent roads that haven't changed in 40 years.

Comment

Working...
          X