No announcement yet.

Not a GS and not mine so the campfire seems the place. '73 BMW R75/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOPs, That wouldn't have meant too much. Thanks for catching that. The stock pipes are gone, they have the pipes pictures in the pic I posted, as that is basically what my bikes looks like, except I have Gold Anodized D.I.D. rims with Stainless Steel spokes. The stock pipes were pretty, but if you leaned to the right, the would scrape awfully. I scraped all the chrome off of mine.

I went for the complete rebuild after making contact with Kazio Yoshima through a common friend. He had just started "Ontario Moto Tech", and I was one of the early patrons that he really gave the full treatment. He would speak to me on the phone for an hour at a time, planning what he wanted to do. Pre-Internet, and you had to send the money first. His reputation preceded him, and I wasn't worried about it, but at the time, that was a lot of money to put into a bike. It only has 8K miles on that engine. The bike is stored, and pickled, or I would have posted pictures of it. I have it wrapped in oil cloth, sealed from the elements. I am going to try and revive it next year. They make flat slide carbs for that bike now. If I can swing those, I'd like to go for it.

By the way, why can't anybody give a "Like" to your posts?

The pic below is a Yoshima exhaust. Mine is a little smoother, as he hand bent is personally, it has no hard curves to it.:

Yoshima Exhaust.jpg

Comment

Working...
    X