Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody remember the EZ Leaker ads in mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody remember the EZ Leaker ads in mags?

So you get a heavy duty latex prophylactic and weld a rubber tube to it, and you're ready for the Iron Butt Rally! Or most anything, really. The deluxe edition had a catch can. Otherwise the guy behind you in his Chevy will be thinking "hmm, that motorcycle has windshield wipers" ?
    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
    '79 GS100E
    Other non Suzuki bikes

I'm probably too young to have seen the ads. Based on my observations from sitting in lots of traffic and unhappily marveling at the roadside trash over the years, an old water bottle seems to be the preferred choice of containment among livery drivers and truckers these days. I recently saw what looked to be a purpose made relief device on the shoulder of 495 heading into NYC.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This thread is cracking me up! Bravo!
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

I remember them. Not my cup of tea.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Well who can't recall *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing in a pop bottle in a moving car?
          And who has not let fly in a torrential downpour on a bike?
          Don't long distance racers get a catheter inserted?
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
            Well who can't recall *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing in a pop bottle in a moving car?
            And who has not let fly in a torrential downpour on a bike?
            Don't long distance racers get a catheter inserted?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0u6Lb6RCz4
            ...................Screenshot_20230708_141246_Messages.jpg

Comment

That's about as useful as a pee in a spacesuit.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Roadside litter comes in all shapes and sizes — from dirty diapers to abandoned automobiles — but there's one category that out-grosses the rest: trucker bombs, aka pee bottles.

Comment

"This external, condom-type, product fits comfortably and snugly. EZ Leaker is made of natural rubber latex. A kink resistant drainage tube attaches to the leg with hook and loop tape to direct the stream directly onto the road or into the optional, easy to empty leg bag. So light weight and comfortable, you won't know it's on!"
                  Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                  '79 GS100E
                  Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                    "This external, condom-type, product fits comfortably and snugly. EZ Leaker is made of natural rubber latex. A kink resistant drainage tube attaches to the leg with hook and loop tape to direct the stream directly onto the road or into the optional, easy to empty leg bag. So light weight and comfortable, you won't know it's on!"
                    The bag and catheter was always a thing to wonder about if you had a mind to impress patrons in a bar. Drink two pitchers of beer and never lose your seat.
                    Cant recall how much they held. My grandfather was a paraplegic and once upon a time my mother left him sitting at the kitchen table with my sister in her kiddie carrier.
                    He was drinking cheap sherry the traditional drink of working men hereabouts in olden times.
                    when mom returned the only bit of the scene that had changed was my sister was asleep and the wine bottle was empty. Grandfather was still playing cards.
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Quite useful for a full day of college football bowl games. Sit through 4 of them without getting up. I guess Depends are the solution now. I wonder if you can get them in team colors?
                      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                      '79 GS100E
                      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I'd really rather hear about the 11EZ Turbo. Or your Norton.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          I'd really rather hear about the 11EZ Turbo. Or your Norton.
                          Turbo gone to another home. Norton - got title and plate, been busy job hunting and think I scored, will find out this coming week at 2nd and final interview. I have to prioritize. The Norton needs a few hours of 'fettling', mainly setting the static timing (using a piston stop and degree wheel method) and ensuring the oil and fuel tanks are scrupulously clean, running the oil and fuel lines etc.
                          Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                          '79 GS100E
                          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I remember an episode of the big bang theory where they were waiting in line and Howard was wearing his "stadium buddy".
                            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post

Turbo gone to another home.
                              Tip: Don't reveal that to your prospective employer.

Comment

Working...
                              X