I Hate You Jacksonville !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Hate You Jacksonville !

You stole our former B.C. Lions quarterback ! { might have had something to do with the $750,000 raise in pay you gave him } ..... But he had one Hell of a debut. He's still a third string quarterback but he impressed in his first NFL action . He doesn't come in until the 2 minute 50 second mark of the highlight video of the game ...... One of the best sack escapes and pass I've seen ......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Don't blame Jacksonville, ya'll ought to not be such cheapskates, maybe he'd have stayed.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      Don't blame Jacksonville, ya'll ought to not be such cheapskates, maybe he'd have stayed.
      It's a much smaller league. I think he was making under 200 grand here but it was his rookie year. Top dollar for a CFL player is 500 to 600 grand . When I was a kid they all had other jobs. I had one of the Lions players as an elementary school teacher . I'm just joking about Jacksonville I hope he does well there .....
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Yep, I saw it was just poking at Jacksonville... I'm still trying to imagine the $$$$$$ our pro players get in all sports. For me totally unimaginable.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Isn't Canadian football a lot like the Jamaican Bobsled Team? Of course I'll give credit where credit is due by adding "OLD TIME HOCKEY!"
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            Isn't Canadian football a lot like the Jamaican Bobsled Team? Of course I'll give credit where credit is due by adding "OLD TIME HOCKEY!"

Just like that bobsled team, Canadian teams need runners to compete and their physical condition is critically important. Just take a look a their shape and you will understand why.
            Also, in parts of Canada, especially the western ones, winter weather comes early, so Cool Running is the norm.
            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

...and he made the 53 man roster. No small achievement for a Canadian kid. I hope we get to see him play, but not at the expense of Trevor Lawrence getting hurt, which means JAX either winning or losing games by a huge margin.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I guess I saw an article that was a bold prediction, not the actual roster as Jax waived Nathan Rourke today. Given his performance, I would have thought he had earned a spot, but NFL teams are loathe to have 3 QBs on their active roster.

Correct me if I am wrong, but to keep him around the organization, he would have to clear waivers, then they could hire him back to the practice squad?

Selfishly, I hope he chooses to play and comes back to Vancouver.

The Jaguars have until 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday to cut their roster down to 53 players. We’ll track every move right here:
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

One of my favorite Canadian athletes

Comment

Working...
                  X