X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burst appendix.

At least it only happens once.

I almost died last Thursday.

Today bloated and willing to do anything to fart.

Has anyone here had the pleasure of spasmodic full abdominal distention with pain carrying you to delirium?
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Don't even want to think about that.... I still have mine.. Glad you made it through!
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Oddly enough we were just discussing possible appendicitis in a good friend’s young boy. He’s in the hospital now. Not sure on his situation yet. Glad to hear you’re relatively OK. Get well soon.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Oddly enough we were just discussing possible appendicitis in a good friend’s young boy. He’s in the hospital now. Not sure on his situation yet. Glad to hear you’re relatively OK. Get well soon.
        I Pity anyone thus afflicted but for a child to go though it defies description.
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Dang Cipher, hope you have quick recovery and smooth sailing from here on out.

Comment

Did you get any warning?

Comment

How is your day going Cipher?
              1979 GS1000
              1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by JMHJ View Post
                Did you get any warning?
                a half day OR SO.
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Blew mine out in'13. Man was I a mess for a couple of months. Something was bothering me for a couple of weeks and then I did a flush. Not good with an apendix heading south. Was in the hospital on a Sunday and then emergency surgery Monday morning. Spent a full week in the hospital and then 2 weeks at home. September of '18 hit. Acute Bacterial Tonsilitis about killed me. Then 2 knee surgeries in '19. Cancer and pnuemonia misdiagnosis in '21, which turned into Lupus. Full blown - I have bad cooties
                  At least it only happens once...
                  Current:
                  1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
                  1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
                  1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
                  1998 Chevy C2500
                  1999 Rav4

Comment

Originally posted by unfocused View Post
                    Blew mine out in'13. Man was I a mess for a couple of months. Something was bothering me for a couple of weeks and then I did a flush. Not good with an apendix heading south. Was in the hospital on a Sunday and then emergency surgery Monday morning. Spent a full week in the hospital and then 2 weeks at home. September of '18 hit. Acute Bacterial Tonsilitis about killed me. Then 2 knee surgeries in '19. Cancer and pnuemonia misdiagnosis in '21, which turned into Lupus. Full blown - I have bad cooties
                    At least it only happens once...
                    had viral pneumonia which almost got me. triage nurse put me in the same exam room. weird thoughts of soul eating rooms jump around in your brain.
                    had lots of male nurses nice guys who i felt no shame in front. one gal was a beauty 25 YR old. i was profoundly embarrassed.
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Glad they got your innards cleaned up in time Cipher.... Happened to a friend of mine 30 or so years ago. I remember visiting him in the hospital and it was touch and go there for a while ........
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Cipher I've come to the conclusion that the medical "support" staff in most hospitals are wonderful people. Dr's mostly suck. Either way - they have no souls at all.

I have a dermatologist that is very attractive and then let's talk about my physical therapy ladies... yummy

However, I have no shame what-so-ever - LOL
                        Current:
                        1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
                        1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
                        1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
                        1998 Chevy C2500
                        1999 Rav4

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                          At least it only happens once.

I almost died last Thursday.

Today bloated and willing to do anything to fart.

Has anyone here had the pleasure of spasmodic full abdominal distention with pain carrying you to delirium?
                          Last December I almost died of full blown C.Diff. I looked like a pregnant man. The pressure was so bad, my spine gave out and I could not walk. I have had C.Diff 4 times. It's horrible, I also developed Sepsis. I hope you recover fully and very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                            Two years ago my eight-year old son had these concerns when got up in the morning and they continued through the afternoon.
                            I took him to hospital and after an all night wait he got his first ride in an ambulance as.they transferred him to Sick Kids.
                            We came home three days later. ...after his appendix was removed.
                            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

It's horrible when you child suffers. You feel so helpless. My am going through a same similar because my son was poisoned by a medicine, and his immune system is a mess. I can't post too much here on that, but I'd rather take the illness than have my son take it.

Comment

Working...
                              X