Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

public danger created by police taking unnecessary high risks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

public danger created by police taking unnecessary high risks....

The writer identifies a common police behaviour that seems intended to intimidate drivers for no valid reason. Perhaps, as the writer suggests, it is intended to get the driver to scurry away from their intentionally obvious "shadowing:"...and then the chase is on!

(Yes, it has happened to me ,more than once)

That seems to be the case with this law-abiding Camaro driver who both was within the speed limit in the right lane and stayed there while the police deliberately stuck to the Camaro like glue while the officer ignored other cars that were passing by at higher speeds. .

Apparently the Camaro driver got annoyed with the officer's behaviour and decided to disappear, and was so successful in doing so that the officer never even saw the Camaro's taillights again..

Is it ego, machismo or something else that goes on in their minds when creating these dangerous situations?

Who says sixth gens aren’t fast? While there are some legitimate complaints about the sixth generation Camaros, the top-end models are genuinely fast cars. That’s clearly demonstrated in this video of one driver goading an Arkansas State Police trooper to chase him, only to leave the trooper absolutely frustrated. These Camaros are anything but slow. Learn what led to an erroneous stolen Camaro bust in Texas here. As you can see in the video, the Camaro driver is in the right lane just minding h
    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Thats one quick camaro. lol
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I missed something in the video, after 1:42 I never saw the Camaro tail lights again. Did the cop see him get off that orig. hwy.? The last 4 min. I had no clue wichaway way the Camaro went.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        I missed something in the video, after 1:42 I never saw the Camaro tail lights again. Did the cop see him get off that orig. hwy.? The last 4 min. I had no clue wichaway way the Camaro went.
        Yes, that was why I posted this. The Camaro totally disappeared from view....

Like you and me when seeing the video, not even the Camaro's taillights were ever seen again leaving the officer with no clue whether the Camaro was up ahead or if it turned off at first exit.

My guess is the officer had wet dreams of instigating a high speed pursuit but when the Camaro eliminated that possibility by disappearing, the officer could not let go of the dream moment and continued at very high speeds just for the thrill of it. ...thus endangering the public for his/her own personal enjoyment.

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

I've had the police "shadow" me plenty of times. I just ride along while paying as little attention to them as possible and eventually they move on. Not a big deal and besides, it makes me feel important!
          Last edited by LAB3; 09-02-2023, 10:26 AM.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            I've had the police "shadow" me plenty of times. I just ride along while paying as little attention to them as possible and eventually they move on. Not a big deal and besides, it makes me feel important!
            REALLY? I figured you get stopped and cut their badge off and shove it ___________ !!
            lol

Afterwards I'd promote the standard issue protest and riot.
            Last edited by trent; 09-02-2023, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I've had the police shadow me, and I'm on a motorcycle, I made a post about it last Summer. The police in Connecticut can be real A$$holes. Some of them aren't though. I got followed by a cop in New Milford Connecticut, doing 35 mph, for over 5 miles. I took a switch back turn and he followed me up the mountain. I went over the town line into Sharon, Ct. and opened up on my Suzuki, as he was turning around. I know he heard me scream away. Not a thing he could do about it. These cops in New Milford have a history of hassling motorcyclists. These days, I avoid it, much nicer roads to cruise, or go crazy on.

Comment

In the big city, it's so easy to ditch a cop when on a motorcycle, especially if the motorcycle is quiet.

I was followed by a cop fir no reason for about three miles around blue island illinois, he finally pulled me over...I was on a 83 gpz 1100 , bone stock cept for header super trapped.
                he came up looked at the bike, looked at the speedometer and ask "if the bike would go that fast"
                I said I don't know, never tried ? He said good answer and left...lol

Comment

People talk about de-funding the police. In my town, around the time I moved in, we had 8 cops. One town meeting it came up that if we went down to 3 cops, the state would assign a Resident State Trooper. Five cops laid off within 10 minutes. They weren't around long enough to get pensions either. They 5 cops said "They just took r jobs!"

All these fat f*cks did all day was drive around and hand out tickets. They kept the 3 good cops, and I've run into the Resident State Trooper, he's a real professional person. No crime really in out town, you can't get a hand gun, that's really tough to get in Connecticut, but everybody has rifles and shotguns. I have a few beauties.

My "Precious" is a nickel Plated Winchester Model 94 "Cowboy Commemorative". It's like new, got it from a 96 year old man moving out of state for $200 bucks. Looks like it's never been fired. I have a friend who is a U.S. Marshal with Homeland Security, he swears that rifle has never been fired. He just offered me $1000 for it. I shoot a Marlin 336 for linking, both are chambered for 30-30.

Comment

Working...
                  X