Enough with 'gender reveals'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough with 'gender reveals'

A pilot died while performing a "gender reveal." The happy couple took no notice.

How many have died? How many fires have been started? Has anyone here ever had a 'gender reveal' event?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

It's a Girl!!! https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/04/ameri...ntl/index.html

Comment

Until I got married, ever girl I ever dated experienced a Gender reveal. Had to make sure, especially after that "M. Butterfly" dupe movie.

Comment

Had the house shake a few years ago, found out that someone a half mile or so away had done a "Gender Reveal" that involved Tannerite. Personally I think it is a self involved trend whose time has come and gone.........
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
          Until I got married, ever girl I ever dated experienced a Gender reveal. Had to make sure, especially after that "M. Butterfly" dupe movie.
          Check the Adam's Apple. A sure giveaway. One night in CBGB's...
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah, camera operator started to get the plane crashing, then, Meh - back to the hugging couple. I'm like big deal (on the reveal), but if you can sell it as the greatest thing ever, that's never happened before...

Said pilot was pulling a rather dangerous stunt flying that close to a group of people. I'm wondering how pure the junk he dumped was, too (it was a cropduster).

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
              Congratulations?

Comment

Yes, Congratulations, been married 36 years.

Comment

I don't get it, but.....

I was at one. Boring but the food was good.
                  2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Don't we have to wait now days until the the human is old enough to decide what gender it wants to be.

Or is gender reveal a annual event, just to keep up?

Comment

I worked with a guy at Sikorsky's who's wife had a mustache and was built like a linebacker. If it wasn't that had had 5 kids through her(with her?), I think it was a guy in a mu mu dress. He even said to me once, isn't my wife "F*ckin' ugly? with a big smile one his face. She cut the wood on the land with him, dug holes, put in fence posts. She also happened to be an extremely nice person. I don't know what that has do with Gender but looks, a man or woman does not make.

Comment

Had a gender reveal back in 1978. It was a brand new shiny Yamaha. Friends were shocked.
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Absolutely no point, these days. It may decide to be something else later on.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

A couple of my kids have had those reveal parties. One was a Harry Potter theme. When mom and dad added their potions to the cauldron, the blue concoction bubbled out. Apparently it only takes a few drops to get the desired effect so the bottles of each ingredient produced enough blue stuff to cover the table, chairs and the floor. Lol

A few months later, my granddaughter was born. Haha
                            They had the gender wrong!
                            Last edited by Burque73; 09-05-2023, 07:54 PM.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              A couple of my kids have had those reveal parties. One was a Harry Potter theme. When mom and dad added their potions to the cauldron, the blue concoction bubbled out. Apparently it only takes a few drops to get the desired effect so the bottles of each ingredient produced enough blue stuff to cover the table, chairs and the floor. Lol

A few months later, my granddaughter was born. Haha
                              They had the gender wrong!
                              Dam(n), that's funny!! My son was butt up we didn't the gender know till he popped out. 3 brothers, one (the eldest had a son), he constantly threw it in my Mom's face that his son was passing on the family name (like who cares, really) the rest all have girls, me, the youngest has a son. My Mom says "finally, after 24 years I don't have to hear that cr@ap from "C" anymore", 8 of us, and my Mom passed 2 years ago, she was my best friend, mother, and since my Father died when I was 5, she was my Dad too.. I didn't care if I had a boy or girl, I just prayed for a healthy baby., and the sweet Lord gave me one to take care of. He's 23 years old now.

Comment

Working...
                              X