3 fatal hit & runs in 1 day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 fatal hit & runs in 1 day

Three fatal hit and runs in New York City in a 24 hour period.

For some time now, when the news reports on an accident, they have been adding, "the driver remained on scene." That used to be a given. Next thing you know, they'll be handing out medals, or certificates of merit to all drivers who DIDN'T flee the scene of an accident.

Part of the reason I no longer ride or drive. And the ONLY time I'll wear ear buds out of the house is if I'm lying poolside.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Were the victims all on motorcycles?

Comment

Originally posted by Boogywstew View Post
      Were the victims all on motorcycles?
      No, but one of the perpetrators was on two wheels. A moped hit and killed a 74 year old woman and kept going.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

A three year old child was killed after being hit by a car last night in my general area of the city (Flushing). The driver did not 'remain on scene.'

Are they teaching hit and run in driver's ed these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          A three year old child was killed after being hit by a car last night in my general area of the city (Flushing). The driver did not 'remain on scene.'

Are they teaching hit and run in driver's ed these days?
          I think it’s safe to say that in general, responsibility for your own actions is in decline, why should the roadways be any different.

Traffic laws are merely suggestions.

Comment

Hit & Run (Squared?) Or "Counting Cars"?

A pedestrian was killed around here (NY City suburbs) today. Nothing new.

The driver did not "remain on scene." Nothing new.

The OTHER driver also did not remain on scene. The pedestrian was hit by TWO cars. Could this be a trend?

Stay tuned for updates. Could there be a third car? (Hit & run cubed?) Someone hinted that the police are not done counting cars. (Wasn't that the name of a rock band?)

This behavior is disgusting. It might be time for some corporal punishment. Maybe a little sargent slapping?

This is why I stay safe on my couch.

Comment

New York-based stand-up comedian Kenny DeForest, who made appearances on “Late Night With Seth Meyers,” “The Late Late Show With James Corden,” and HBO’s “Crashing,” died Wednesday after succumbing to injuries sustained when he was struck by a motor vehicle while riding his bike. He was 37.

I don't know if the driver remained on scene. Neither do I know which borough of NY City the accident occurred in.

It's illegal to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk around here, and I get upset when people do it and don't fully yield to pedestrians. But it's very dangerous to ride in the streets.

Solution? Stay at home on the couch. No helmet or boots required. Heck, not even pants are necessary.

Comment

Working...
              X