Five more days...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five more days...........

After 47 plus years in the same building for three different companies, Friday January 12th is my last day in the plant. After taking paid personal time and vacation my official retirement date will be January 23, 2024. It's about time!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
    After 47 plus years in the same building for three different companies, Friday January 12th is my last day in the plant. After taking paid personal time and vacation my official retirement date will be January 23, 2024. It's about time!
    Well there is staying till the last bell. Congratulations on your retirement. Its astounding to see that a person today could have worked so long in one place.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Congrats. marv, just hoping you can enjoy retirement as much as I have... 47 yrs., dang, I didn't make near that long.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Good for you, Marv.
        Even more time for riding!
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations Scott.
          I live for the day, I have a few more years to go, but I can taste it!
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Congratulations Scott. You must have seen many changes over the years. Being at one shop for decades is provides an interesting prospective.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Horseman, pass by. One day, people won't remember there were men like you, and think the CBX was just a myth.

Wishing you nothing but good things.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks, guys, other than riding more I am thinking I should compile some of the events I have been witness to that could not be made up. One example: An OSHA inspector was touring the plant with our Safety guy. The area they were in contains 5 gallon steel buckets that must be labeled Hazardous Waste. We stock pre printed labels for this but if we are out of those the bucket still must be labeled. The OSHA guy stopped when he came up on a bucket clearly marked with a hand written label that said "HAZARDOUS WAIST" Rick the Safety guy just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.........LOL
                Last edited by marvinsc; 01-06-2024, 12:10 AM.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks, guys, other than riding more I am thinking I should compile some of the events I have been witness to that could not be made up. One example: An OSHA inspector was touring the plant with our Safety guy. The area they were in contains 5 gallon steel buckets that must be labeled Hazardous Waste. We stock pre printed labels for this but if we are out of those the bucket still must be labeled. The OSHA guy stopped when he came up on a bucket clearly marked with a hand written label that said "HAZARDOUS WAIST" Rick the Safety guy just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.........LOL
                  Congrats on your retirement Scott! I guess that hazardous waist drum was for uneaten doughnuts huh?
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

"HAZARDOUS WAIST"
                    Sounds like a girl I knew in college!
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

"Hey Oney, Oney... hahaha"
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

You'll do very well, Scott. You have things in your life to do. You will probably find, as I did, that you will busier than ever.

Congrats
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Congratulations on your soon to be employment status. I know you'll just slide right into it. Not like me. It took me about 4 - 5 days to figure it out. LOL.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Now there will be no excuse for not attending the Brown County Rally. Congratulations on the retirement.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

You’re going to be waytooooo busy to ride, send that CBX to me and it can get thrashed like all the rest of em that I ride. Retirement is grand, it gives you time to realize that “your” falling apart….hehehe

V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment