Toe Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toe Operations

Podiatrist said they have to break all my toes, to straighten them. Scheduled for March 8th. SCARED!!!.
    Like Chuck Hahn, I've been putting it off too long. 6 wk. recovery & then have the other foot done.
    Anyone else ever have to endure this? I can't keep my balance the way my toes are now...

love to you grandma
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
      Podiatrist said they have to break all my toes, to straighten them. Scheduled for March 8th. SCARED!!!.
      Like Chuck Hahn, I've been putting it off too long. 6 wk. recovery & then have the other foot done...
      Big sis had it done, but I recall that both feet were done together. She was 28 then.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Why? What? My Toes ain't exactly straight as well, but they work fine..why go to the trouble breaking them?

Only once I my life a doctor needed to break my bones...broke a leg in a skiing accident and initial fix had a slight misalignment, which they only discovered later when the bones already mended a bit.

All the best anyway from the other side of the pond
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Hope everything goes perfectly and great recovery for you Patti and Chuck...

Might have to call one of these, lol also hope silly humor is ok....

Screenshot_20240206_205724_Chrome.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
            Why? What? My Toes ain't exactly straight as well, but they work fine..why go to the trouble breaking them?

Only once I my life a doctor needed to break my bones...broke a leg in a skiing accident and initial fix had a slight misalignment, which they only discovered later when the bones already mended a bit.

All the best anyway from the other side of the pond
            Too much time working on my feet, probably. Yes, I wore the best shoes, but 60 plus years on my feel, pushing my toes up in the front of a shoe, to please people, has taken it's toll... Lol. If I could do it all over again, I'd wear open toe shoes, or go barefoot! (Yeah, would have waitressed on a beach, if I had a brain and a choice, lol.)
            Also, several broken toes that have never been taken care of & at least two toes are already broken twice!
            ...AND THE PAIN!
            Last edited by Peppermint Patti; 02-07-2024, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Just the way life is. We hear of all the rare times medical stuff goes bad and rarely mention all the many more times they go right, that's why we may be nervous. I wish we heard more about the waaaaay more often times things worked really well and less of the few times they may not. Thinking, and praying, both you and chuck will be wishing you'd have done it sooner..
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Too much time working on my feet, probably. Yes, I wore the best shoes, but 60 plus years on my feel, pushing my toes up in the front of a shoe, to please people, has taken it's toll... Lol. If I could do it all over again, I'd wear open toe shoes, or go barefoot! (Yeah, would have waitressed on a beach, if I had a brain and a choice, lol.)
                Also, several broken toes that have never been taken care of & at least two toes are already broken twice!
                ...AND THE PAIN!
                Aaah, ok, I see. Basically overdue maintenance, to stay with the motorcycle theme.
                #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Guess I never thought I'd live this long... LOL! They hurt constantly. I give up & am going to do it this time!
                  I was unable to see the podiatrist for 2 years, because the main office said I had an outstanding bill... I did not!
                  Finally got the paperwork straightened out and was able to continue this unholy process... (2 YEARS!)

Comment

OOhhh, already lost more than 2 yrs. you'll never get back. My opinion "Git'er done", Push them for ASAP Like me, we want to be able to enjoy "ALL" the time we've got left.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Had a toe job done in Cork back in '81.
                      I told them I was riding to see my girlfriend in Dublin that day.
                      They said No.
                      After a bit of discussion they got my boots and cut a hole.
                      Who has ever had their surgeon work on their boots
                      I got to see Mary that night, just had to be careful shifting gear.
                      97 R1100R
                      Previous
                      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Patti! Hope it goes well. All the best to you.

I have a couple honkin' Paul Bunions that would be nice to get shed of, but I keep soldiering on buying extra wide shoes.
                        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                          Patti! Hope it goes well. All the best to you.

I have a couple honkin' Paul Bunions that would be nice to get shed of, but I keep soldiering on buying extra wide shoes.
                          I have the bunions too! WOMAN UP Girl!!!
                          Suffering is not an option these days! (They say...)
                          Hope you are well & happy!!!

Comment

I have the bunions too! WOMAN UP Girl!!!
                            Suffering is not an option these days! (They say...)
                            Hope you are well & happy!!!
                            Oh I am, but those are a low priority right now. I am well and happy, good to hear from you!
                            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Patti,

thanks for the updates.

I see your book (ballad of lady motorcycle drag racer) is for sale online in some places. But let me ask: is there some place where the sale would better benefit you?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                              X