Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday afternoon safety meeting field trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday afternoon safety meeting field trip!

A friend of mine that comes to my meetings has set up a private tour tomorrow at friend of his....Rudy Koniczek.
    We are getting a personal tour of his amazing collection. Can't wait! Pictures to follow...
    He is a Mercedes Benz Gullwing legend.
    Fun fact...He actually restored our Prime Minister's (Justin Trudeau) 300SL that was left to him by his father and former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.
    His story is fascinating...

Rudi and Company is a Classic Car Consultant with access to some of the worlds most exclusive, and rare automobiles. We specialize in exotic, and exclusive cars from around the world. We also offer services to clients world wide.

Cars How Rudi Koniczek, Mad Canadian Genius, Became the World’s Most Sought-After Restorer of the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL

Alex Nino Gheciu November 8, 2017
    Deep in the woods of Vancouver Island, just outside Victoria, guarded by high stone walls and a gargoyle-adorned gate, lies a garage safeguarding millions of dollars in shiny, vintage metal: a Porsche 904 GTS, an Avions Voisin C25, an Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto, a couple of D-Type Jaguars, and several — sevral! — Ferrari 250 TRs. And everywhere else you look, crammed cheek by jowl, there are examples of Mercedes-Benz’s 300 SL Gullwing — arguably the first supercar ever. Or, as they are referred to by automotive restoration enthusiasts the world over, “Rudis.”.....
    Last edited by trevor; 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM.
    No signature

Wow Trevor, wish i could be there! News of Rudi's excellent work is even known here in South Africa! Looking forward to see your pictures of his collection. I am a member of the Mercedes Benz Club of South Africa and own an original (unrestored) 1959 220S "Ponton" that I inherited from my late father in 1972.

Here is a photo of a club run organised specifically for the Pontons owned by members in Cape Town and close surrounding areas. The black one at front left is mine.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
      Wow Trevor, wish i could be there! News of Rudi's excellent work is even known here in South Africa! Looking forward to see your pictures of his collection. I am a member of the Mercedes Benz Club of South Africa and own an original (unrestored) 1959 220S "Ponton" that I inherited from my late father in 1972.

Here is a photo of a club run organised specifically for the Pontons owned by members in Cape Town and close surrounding areas. The black one at front left is mine.

Hey that's really cool. I have heard that Rudy is known all over the world. It's pretty cool that he lives 10 min from me....you can't see his property from the road as it's a long driveway through trees to his place.
      I will be sure to post lots of pics....would also love to see pics of your car please....
      No signature

Comment

Must be something in the water on that island . There's like 860,000 people and it's like every major motorcycle and car collector in Kanada lives there .......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Must be something in the water on that island . There's like 860,000 people and it's like every major motorcycle and car collector in Kanada lives there .......
          Lol … it’s so true… it’s crazy what’s on this island. Just what I’ve seen is the tip of the iceberg.
          I got pictures coming…
          No signature

Comment

Wow...that was a lot to take in.....

The man himself....what a gracious host.

The paint job was $150,000 alone. He just sold it the morning for $2.5 million US

My son Liam was happy he came along with the "old farts"....lol

No signature

Comment

And some more.........

He bought all these BMW's new

No signature

Comment

Porsches are nice...and the Beemer bikes, but no 'American muscle' section? Was that flatware collection twin cam?
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing.
                  you son is smiling like a butcher's dog sitting in thet Porsche!
                  I think he found his favorite.
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Pretty amazing guy. I saw a special somewhere a few years ago about him. Just google Rudy Koniczek and there's a few youtube videos on him and his collection. If we weren't in Australia for the month I probably would have suffered the winter drive to the coast for that tour.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                      Pretty amazing guy. I saw a special somewhere a few years ago about him. Just google Rudy Koniczek and there's a few youtube videos on him and his collection. If we weren't in Australia for the month I probably would have suffered the winter drive to the coast for that tour.
                      Yep I posted a couple in my first post...he's legend here and when someone offers you a chance to tour his place, you take it! This Friday should be special as well as we are touring the motorcycle and car collection of the guy that founded Money Mart...he was in my garage last Friday so I hit him up!
                      He has a 1959 Lola race car...whatever that is...lol
                      Hope to ride with you this summer Sandy
                      No signature

Comment

wow....
                        whooaaa...
                        impressive collection... looks like a museam.... a pesonal collection.
                        And door opens to the shop-garage.

Red sunbeam, ..? a Tiger? with huge Ford engine?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Gulp ! Thanks for the photos.
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Yep I posted a couple in my first post...he's legend here and when someone offers you a chance to tour his place, you take it! This Friday should be special as well as we are touring the motorcycle and car collection of the guy that founded Money Mart...he was in my garage last Friday so I hit him up!
                            He has a 1959 Lola race car...whatever that is...lol
                            Hope to ride with you this summer Sandy
                            Lola made a load of swoopy body types back then.
                            1959... https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...oking-at-lola/
                            But the best came later, when they got more established and started shoehorning big Yank lumps in...
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

Lola made a load of swoopy body types back then.
                              1959... https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...oking-at-lola/
                              But the best came later, when they got more established and started shoehorning big Yank lumps in...
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lola_T70
                              Wow...that's pretty cool, Thanks for posting. I'll be sure to get pics
                              No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X