Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Bunny: "Arise, Sir Loin of Beef"

You may recall the fun times with Bugs including this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qtgm5g5Gyo.

You didn't know there was actually a history behind the name?

Here it is:

Giving someone, or something, a knighthood is the highest honor. In the 17th-century it is said that one British royal chose to bestow that honor on a steak.

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Of course this thread will go off topic about where the name for a cut of beef came from, so let me start......

I don't buy any beef, except hamburger, other than tenderloin. Today here in MN its $26/lb which is expensive ! At the butcher shop its $40 !!

The last 1/4 cow I got the cuts were not trimmed well and a couple porter house on the grill lit off like a tire fire. Plus, I didn't get any tenderloin. They said it was on the T-bones but it really wasn't.

OK, let's hear from the ​sous vide guys.......
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Prices of beef cuts went near-astronomical some time ago, but supermarkets here still offer bargain prices from time to time.
      When they do that it can actually be cheaper to buy prime rib or top sirloin steaks or roasts than hamburger or othre "lesser" grades of beef.
      I do not understand the reasoning involved, but the prices of regular hamburger (the lowest grade) of ground beef, as well as "medium", the next higher grade, are often well above that of lean ground beef.

And....you could be right. It may go that way when someone has a beef about the subject.
      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
        Of course this thread will go off topic about where the name for a cut of beef came from, so let me start......

I don't buy any beef, except hamburger, other than tenderloin. Today here in MN its $26/lb which is expensive ! At the butcher shop its $40 !!

The last 1/4 cow I got the cuts were not trimmed well and a couple porter house on the grill lit off like a tire fire. Plus, I didn't get any tenderloin. They said it was on the T-bones but it really wasn't.

OK, let's hear from the ​sous vide guys.......
        About the same prices here except every three weeks or so Loblaws puts boneless tenderloin in their flyer for $8.99/lb . Then I go in on senior's day and get 10% off that. That day the freezer will get loaded up ......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

boneless tenderloin
          ????? I hope so.....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

That's why I like Sav-A-Lot, you can still get a reasonably decent T-Bone, Strip or Sirloin in the $5-7 range. As a matter of fact the dog belonging to the two unaccompanied ladies in the camp next to me enjoyed a bone about an hour ago.
            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
              ...you can still get a reasonably decent T-Bone, Strip or Sirloin in the $5-7 range.
              !?!?! You must have the jaws of a hyena. Or crocodile. (Alligator?) Dem boys can bite through anything.
              Unless...you haven't gone back to rustling, have you? Cause you know what happens to rustlers here in the Big Apple. They get strung up! No trial...sometimes. Mostly they just get sent home with bus fare.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                That's why I like Sav-A-Lot, you can still get a reasonably decent T-Bone, Strip or Sirloin in the $5-7 range. As a matter of fact the dog belonging to the two unaccompanied ladies in the camp next to me enjoyed a bone about an hour ago.
                Two ladies and their dog walk into a bar. The bar tender says " are you three unaccompanied? "............................................. .... .....

Comment

Working...
                X