Into basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into basketball

Looks like people who are really like NCAA COLLEGE HOOPS.

The women ncaa teams that is...lol

They seemed to be getting more attention than the ncaa men, the NBA and wnba..

Might have to watch them in the tournaments?

I've tried, but just can't get into basketball... I may just watch a replay of Sunday's NASCAR race at Bristol again, can you believe those Goodyears were completely worn out in 25 mi.... Somebody screwed up big time... Oh sorry, this is a basketball thread.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      I've tried, but just can't get into basketball... I may just watch a replay of Sunday's NASCAR race at Bristol again, can you believe those Goodyears were completely worn out in 25 mi.... Somebody screwed up big time... Oh sorry, this is a basketball thread.
      Hoosier Tire should have shown up. They could have sold a lot of tires!
      Remember the tire wars in the 80's?

No Basketball for me.
      I do like watching PGA Golf on TV
      Especially when its cold and rainy outside.
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I've been watching nascar's last three races, even have them still on my DVR

been a while since I've watched Nascar but lately been watching.

Comment

Not many of us left trent.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I follow NASCAR not at all and basketball only a tiny bit. But March Madness culminating in the Final Four transcends the sport itself. It is essentially basketball's super bowl spread out over three long weekends and is at the college rather than the pro level. The brackets, the victorious underdogs, the vanquished favorites, the story lines, the school loyalties--it draws in lots of folks who aren't particularly basketball fans or even sports fans normally, . .
            Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
            80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I've tried, but just can't get into basketball...
              Ditto. When the Knicks (Ewing & Starks) were playing Jordan's Bulls for the championship, I enjoyed it. Especially when Starks dunked on Jordan and later took a shot that would have won the trophy for New York. He missed, and the Bulls won the title, but he stepped up and went for it.

It seems to me they have loosened up the restriction on traveling. When I played in 6th grade, if you so much as jiggled your shoe laces you were called for traveling.

Back then, there were such likeable stars. Jabbar, Jordan, Johnson and Bird. Today, it seems like the players are competing with NFL stars for who can assault the most women.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Ever since I was a little baby I was a dribbler.
                fact, I was the best dribbler in the whole neighborhood...
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                  I follow NASCAR not at all and basketball only a tiny bit. But March Madness culminating in the Final Four transcends the sport itself. It is essentially basketball's super bowl spread out over three long weekends and is at the college rather than the pro level. The brackets, the victorious underdogs, the vanquished favorites, the story lines, the school loyalties--it draws in lots of folks who aren't particularly basketball fans or even sports fans normally, . .
                  Agreed! I'm not a basketball fan AT ALL but when I started hanging out with some "has been" college players that changed for the March tournament. They had a contest going for who picked the winners of the entire bracket where everyone ponied up a six pack of "real beer" i.e. microbrew. The winner took home three beers out of every six pack, second place two beers and third place one beer. There'd be a pot luck every weekend to watch the games to go along with it, good times.
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                  1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                  LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

As a Bostonian, I am expected to be a fanatic…..not.

I did watch the entire game of that college girl that just broke a long standing record, I may have said “yea “ but it wasn’t overly exciting.

With that said, my kid was into playing sports throughout his school age and by far, basketball was most exciting and enjoyable sport to watch and my wife agreed.

The weird part is I love to gamble, but for the most part, I haven’t done much sports betting.

Comment

Not a basketball fan at all. Honestly, the squeaking of the sneakers on the court eats at my brain, can't stand to watch it. But when I lived in Boston, early '90's, I was hanging out at a friend's pet store on Newbury St. In walked Celtics "Chief" Robert Parish and another player (don't remember who). Even though not a fan, I of course knew who he was. Funny to watch a 7'1" man duck to enter the below-street-level shop. He was pretty cool and gracious when recognized. This was around time when I think he was charged w/ possession. getting pot delivered UPS or FEDEX or something like that. Anyway, that's all I got.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        It seems to me they have loosened up the restriction on traveling. When I played in 6th grade, if you so much as jiggled your shoe laces you were called for traveling.
                        I agree. The same could also be said for the double dribble. It now seems to be standard for players to put their hand under the ball on its way up, turn the ball over and push it down to the floor again. The first player I remember using this "style" was Magic Johnson. Back when I played that was called "palming" and would get you a quick whistle. Of course that was back when we were still using peach baskets for goals.
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

??............???

Screenshot_20240320_075104_Chrome.jpg

Comment

Everything changes, double dribble and palming in basketball, Football you can't hit a quarterback's head or feet, instant replays in baseball and football but some things can be replayed and others can not. Bristol Motor Speedway, in past yrs. was packed with appx. 150,000 seats and a 5 yr. waiting list for future tickets, Last Sunday, judging from pictures on TV, Bristol was had I'd guess appx. 25,000 folks there. It seems every time Nascar makes a change, their fan base gets smaller.

Comment

Maybe the upcoming younger crowd will be more likely to watch someone playing a video game , instead of the real thing ?LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X