No announcement yet.

Why does "bouncing back" get harder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having not been on the forum for over a week, I am just now seeing this story and am hoping for a good outcome for both you and the bike.
    Sorry to hear of your accident and it seems as though I seldom hear of a blow out occurring on a bike. As others have said, you are lucky that it wasn't worse than it was.
    If you are going to be spending the summer in Indy, maybe you could show up at the Brown County Rally in June. I, as well as others would like the opportunity to meet another rider that has been fortunate enough to survive a get off. I have had my share of those and cannot say it often enough or loud enough that ATGATT rules.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I've managed to make it to Tellico Plains, TN and am at Smitty's Motorcycle Lodge. Was going to finish the trip today but an unexpected rain moved in just after dawn and it stayed wet until noon. I'm selfishly blaming the flimsy feel of the Dunlop 404 sidewall for my not wanting to run the Cherohala Skyway or Tail of the Dragon.

Tomorrow looks like chilly weather and a northerly breeze to buck so I'm going to shoot for Monday. Not to mention I've been in 80+ degree weather for the last six weeks and being 57° right now means I've got some acclimating to do!

It could be that I make it to the Brown County Rally, I was there once on my GS450 about six years ago. Didn't really know anyone at that point but have a better idea of who's who these days.

​​​​

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
      X