• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilling, BBQ, Griddle

Anyone into it ?

Favorite things to cook !

Equipment ?

Advice ?

Right now I just have weber that mostly use charcoal and pecan chips in it.

Then there is my boss, got trailer smokers, green egg , pellet smokers, electric smokers, extra two car garage to put all of it in.

I ordered a blackstone griddle arrived dented up, so waiting on another...got me thinking , am I really gonna use it?

My neighbor told me he had one but sold it to a friend because he didn't use it as much as he thought he would...guess commercials on youtube got me ?

Ar least I just bought a 22 inch and wasn't to pricey .

Smash burgers r the bomb!

Comment

I think this is the summer I get a blackstone. My gas grill has had it. replaced burners and grates a few years ago. Not going to do that again. Before kids, I used to grill quite a bit. Now, they'll be 23 and 19, so I'm finding more time to do that sort of thing again.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rkz!b View Post
        One of the few things I've done on the blackstone, it came with the smasher so why not. Lol.

Got some parchment paper to put between the smasher and burger so it wouldn't stick to smasher...

last time I smashed the burger before I put it on the blackstone, some people said it's better to smash on the griddle, does something to texture ???

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          I think this is the summer I get a blackstone. My gas grill has had it. replaced burners and grates a few years ago. Not going to do that again. Before kids, I used to grill quite a bit. Now, they'll be 23 and 19, so I'm finding more time to do that sort of thing again.
          Just wife and myself so I went with a 22 inch model that came with bunch of stuff, two regular spatulas, one big burger spatula, burger smasher? Sure leaving out some stuff, couple plastic bottles for oil and water? And a heavy duty cover..

But now, kinda wishing I got a larger one...lol

just for more range of hot and warm spots.....learning about it, when I was doing bunch of breakfast items I only turned on one side, used one side to cook and other side just to keep things warm....worked good for that.

doing eggs, any style practically and pancakes ,hashbrowns...breakfast stuff in general is fun and quick with one of these things....lol

have a small electric griddle for years, only thing I've used it for was pancakes...lol

my did what the folks at blackstone call "crowning" not warped, they said the 22 inch tend to do that.

I could still use it, but sent the a pic with straight edge to show how much and they are sending me another, but they also said it could also crown?

the bigger ones I heard don't have the tendency to crown ,but friends have told me they can warp, but it comes out of it after a while ???

hope you enjoy the heck out of one if you get one !

Comment

Originally posted by Rkz!b View Post
            Not sure about this particular recipe, new video though LOL.

Comment

My griddle gets used frequently.

I like it for roast beef and lamb as it catches all the juices and browns everything, which makes excellent gravy..
              Would use it for turkey, but have to remove the main grill to get space, and do not want the griddle directly on the bars below.
              I use what was a large non-stick plain griddle as the cast iron one was too small.

Works very well when doing chips . ( that means "fries" to Yanks )
              Just park the griddle on the rack above the main grill and maybe a bit to the side of the burner(s) in use. It works beautifully.
              "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
              X