Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireworks?

Have they started by you yet?

A few hours ago, before it was even May, they started with the fireworks around here. At least that's not as bad as the loud Harleys and two-stroke off road vehicles, which I surprisingly did not hear today. Hmm...must be the same guys.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Are you sure it was fireworks? One sign of a being a long term urban dweller is the ability to know the difference between the sound of fireworks and the sound of firearms!
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

You live anywhere near Columbia University?
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

No firearms in my neighborhood. At least not fired firearms.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Fireworks is a traditional thing around my redneck of the woods.

I've seen neighbors spend up to five grand more or less on Fireworks from local vendors.

Even the folks on the east side of town that are missing windows and have expired license plate tags spend thousand bucks on the stuff.

I kinda enjoyed the war like smoldering for days effect at first, but few years back during a drought, when county had a burn ban the mayor said heck with that...lite em off...and few garages caught fire, couple grass fires ,but all good.
          it's really only bad if forth falls during the week, working folks lightem off on the forth and that's is because they gotta go to work.

The ones that don't work lite em off all week, luckily it only happens once a year...and past few years I'll leave town to avoid the Vietnam flashbacks, and hope wonder if I'll have a house to come back to....

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
            Even the folks on the east side of town that are missing windows and have expired license plate tags spend thousand bucks on the stuff.
            That's what I love about America. People who can barely keep food on the table and a roof over their children's heads are spending $100 a week on beer and cigarettes, sporting thousands of dollars worth of tatoos.

"Once a year" sounds good. But from April to August?!?

Plus, it's completely illegal in my city and state.

Comment

And then you have the guys that drive old beater cars, but ride nice motorcycles...!
              Oh wait, that's me.

The trick is with having good neighbors is being friendly to the kids.
              When the kids become teenagers they can cause you problems if they don't like you.
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

OOhhh, the memories. Wonder if kids still have bottle rocket fights as we did back in the day?
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I live about an hour and a half from this place. For decades people who can't afford it have made the drive to Missouri to blow a paycheck around the 4th of July.

Boomland | Fireworks, Gifts and Collectibles
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

That's what I love about America. People who can barely keep food on the table and a roof over their children's heads are spending $100 a week on beer and cigarettes, sporting thousands of dollars worth of tatoos.

"Once a year" sounds good. But from April to August?!?

Plus, it's completely illegal in my city and state.
                    Watch out we'll be getting thrown into the vortex.

My neighbors fifteen year old was telling me a story about her 23 year old sister, who already has four kids by three "baby daddies " last year..
                    Said her sister went through tax return and some $7500 settlement for vehicle damage on a trip to Mexico and little cousin Timmy's fireworks.......
                    then two weeks later was asking parents for gas money....lol

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                      I live about an hour and a half from this place. For decades people who can't afford it have made the drive to Missouri to blow a paycheck around the 4th of July.

Boomland | Fireworks, Gifts and Collectibles
                      Have a neighbor who's son is some kind of retired semi famous person, plus the families wealthy, but last year in an empty lot on the block they made a wall of fireworks six seven feet tall and probably thirty feet long but shaped kinda like a horseshoe and twenty or so family members gathered in front of it to take pictures..lol...before a twelve hour long firework session.

The mayor put on a good display along with rest of town, the cities fireworks were not as good.

Some of the stuff you can buy in missouri is , can be some spectacular stuff.

When I lived in illinois, friends dad used to make the trip and buy a bunch of stuff and set it off, plus if you knew him he'd take orders and bring back stuff...very hush hush...lol

Its all legal here and only thing you can complain about is time frame.....but for a month, 8:00 a.m til midnight and there ain't nothing you can do but deal with it.....which is very unfortunate for some people that work off hours and pets....people can't handle the freedoms they are afforded sometimes and ruin it for the ones that can.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                        OOhhh, the memories. Wonder if kids still have bottle rocket fights as we did back in the day?
                        Anybody remember water rockets? (Water & compressed air). You were only supposed to give 2 pumps, and fire vertically. We read well, except when it came to instructions.

"You crazy kids, you'll take somebody's eye out!"
                        Last edited by Rob S.; 05-03-2024, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X