Must See movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must See movie

This is just the trailer, and these things rarely excite me, but this one clicked.

I have already told m y wife we MUST see it.

BABES follows inseparable childhood best friends Eden (Ilana Glazer) and Dawn (Michelle Buteau), having grown up together in NYC, now firmly in different pha...
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

That was plenty for me, ... Don't think I'll need to see the rest.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      That was plenty for me, ... Don't think I'll need to see the rest.
      That will apply to many others, I am sure.

I have often been accused of having odd-ball thinking......and this may be another of those times.
      Last edited by argonsagas; 05-24-2024, 11:58 AM.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Meh. To each, their own. Not something I would even passively fall asleep to on the couch.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'd rather watch paint dry
          No signature

Comment

Odd-ball thinking cause we don't appreciate the same kind of movies??? Yep, there are folks that see it that way.... Hoping ya'll enjoy BABES as much as I enjoyed "My Cousin Vinny".
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Here's another one along the same lines

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Not a chance heh eh I could'nt last through the trailer. I'm more a Top Gun or Tumbstone kind of guy. lol
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Just saw a fantastic Australian film called Limbo.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                    Not a chance heh eh I could'nt last through the trailer. I'm more a Top Gun or Tumbstone kind of guy. lol
                    Me, too, Still that way, but today more open than before.
                    Apparently it is fairly common for men to become considerably more emotional and prone to emotional reaction or thinking than they were before having a serous illness, especially a life-threatening one. I was not at risk of death, but that result happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      Just saw a fantastic Australian film called Limbo.
                      How low did you set the bar?
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                        Here's another one along the same lines

https://youtu.be/ESmqwonRMEM?si=pMaXZVkmebmW_fak
                        Not even amusing, just silly.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Not even amusing, just silly.
                          You have to develop a taste for the tasteless in order to enjoy it.
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post

You have to develop a taste for the tasteless in order to enjoy it.
                            Some things, like bad manners, body odor and stupidity, one does not wish to develop a taste for.

Comment

Some things, like bad manners, body odor and stupidity, one does not wish to develop a taste for.
                              Exactly. Divine was never my cup of tea, but when I saw her/him literally eating dog feces, filmed in such a way to absolutely remove 100% of doubt as to what was occurring, I'd had more than enough. I won't watch shows like "Dirty Jobs" because I liken it to watching a pile of excrement. It has turned me off to anything Mike Rowe does, though I'll tolerate him when he's narrating "How The Universe Works."

Divine? The slightest glimpse of her disgusting self sends me in the opposite direction. Decades ago, one of my closest friends, my first and last riding buddy, was trying to show me "Pink Flamingos," if I remember the title correctly.

"You've got to see this," he'd say. "It's wild!"

One glimpse and I knew it had zero interest for me. And that was years before I saw the dog shyte eating stupidity.
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                              X