No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that you being there made things easier for Angela.
    So sorry for your loss, Bob.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Bob,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Angela.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

What is love?

Such unconditional love. How? We do not know it! Can't show it, only love for self! These creatures, what a gift

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

So true, Roger. Beautiful pup!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            So true, Roger. Beautiful pup!

Ed
            I spent the day collecting all my dog pictures going back to the 80's and putting them on a USB stick to rotate through the digital picture frame. I feel a lot better....
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Heads up....

As I mentioned way back in this thread, Max went thru a spell of having siezures. The vet couldn't find anything definitive, and he has been on meds since. Over the last year I have reduced his dosage and he has been perfectly fine. About a month ago, I applied a dose of tick repellent anticipating walks in the woods, etc. I noticed his behavior changed slightly, and within a week and a half he had a seizure.
              Now he is fine again. I can't recall for sure, but I think his other episodes followed the same route. I wish I had picked up on this sooner. We metioned this to this to the vet today and they said we are likey on to something, and over the counter / pet store tick repellent can cause that. If he goes a few more months siezure feee, we can take him off of the medicine.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That's crazy! Is possibly an allergy Max has to the main or active ingredient? Speaking of, what is the active ingredient? I'd like to know if that's a common side effect, and avoid that product if so.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Not sure. The box is gone, but the brand was Sentry Fiproguard.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Coming soon to an Allie's near you!

There's a new furdozer coming home tomorrow evening... meet Oreo!

He's a 13 week old Lab/Spaniel. He will allegedly be a medium sized dog fully grown, 20-30 lbs.

My beloved Blackie has been gone a year now, he was about 15 1/2 when he was put down. He was supposed to be a Lab/Spaniel too, but that tail and his temperament say otherwise. I think he was a Lab/Chow, he was similar in size to other labs, and he had some VERY Chow like personality traits. He also had some very Lab like traits, which made him a conflicted doggie indeed. I love and miss him!

"Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Such a cutie. Good luck.
                      Last edited by dorkburger; 11-27-2017, 12:31 AM.
                      sigpic

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Oreo looks like a sweetheart.
                        Christmas time with a puppy will be a blast.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post

He's a 13 week old Lab/Spaniel. He will allegedly be a medium sized dog fully grown, 20-30 lbs.

My beloved Blackie has been gone a year now, he was about 15 1/2 when he was put down. He was supposed to be a Lab/Spaniel too, but that tail and his temperament say otherwise. I think he was a Lab/Chow, he was similar in size to other labs, and he had some VERY Chow like personality traits. He also had some very Lab like traits, which made him a conflicted doggie indeed. I love and miss him!

The new pup is such a doll! congrats! When they're that size, I wear them as a neck wrap as long as I can. It isn't long before they get too big for it. heh Dogs are the BEST!
                          Last edited by earlfor; 11-25-2017, 10:14 PM.
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

This thread has been going for over a year, and I am just NOW seeing it??? How did THAT happen?

Don't have any now, which makes it MUCH easier to be out for more than a few hours at a time, but when we had some, we didn't mess around, we had some REAL dogs.

I just don't like having to bend over to pet/hug my dog.

Yeah, he's been gone a LONG time (picture is about 35 years ago), and this one was only about 12 years ago.
                            I know there is no real size reference, but this is his 9-month puppy picture.

We still miss them greatly, but not nearly enough to get another one.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post

Oreo is a great looking puppy. I'm sure he'll be a sweetheart as he ages, too.

Comment

Since this thread is back, an update on our dog..
                                At the beginning of the year, Max was still on daily meds for arthritis and siezures. Being that we were going on a year without any siezures, with the vet's approval, we began cutting back on the anti siezure medicine.
                                The arthritis medicine was another story. Without it he would be limping within 24 hours.
                                In August we stopped both medicines...... and things were good. This month he had two seizures so we have him back on a low dose of the anti siezure, but his hips are fine and our walks and the pace / distance of them have been increasing. No 4-5 mile walks like in the past, but he is back to happily doing 2-3 mile walks.
                                I have found that he has become ocassionally headstrong on our walks and has certain routes he likes to take.

So things are generally good. He continues to get grayer around his snout, and he rarely runs now as he is the ripe old age 8.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X