No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear, Glen. Here's to many more years with him.

Mine's only a year from Allie's "Blackie" at 14 1/2. She's clumsy and loses her balance on inclined surfaces like driveway entrances etc. otherwise still pretty spunky.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Since this thread is back, an update on our dog..
      At the beginning of the year, Max was still on daily meds for arthritis and siezures. Being that we were going on a year without any siezures, with the vet's approval, we began cutting back on the anti siezure medicine.
      The arthritis medicine was another story. Without it he would be limping within 24 hours.
      In August we stopped both medicines...... and things were good. This month he had two seizures so we have him back on a low dose of the anti siezure, but his hips are fine and our walks and the pace / distance of them have been increasing. No 4-5 mile walks like in the past, but he is back to happily doing 2-3 mile walks.
      I have found that he has become ocassionally headstrong on our walks and has certain routes he likes to take.

So things are generally good. He continues to get grayer around his snout, and he rarely runs now as he is the ripe old age 8.
      Thanks for the update Glen and sorry to hear about Max's seizures. We cut back on Isis' meal portions because the vet said she was getting heavy. The most she weighed was about 72 lbs...now she is back to lower 60s. She's also very familiar with our park and has shortened our walks...which made me think of your Max increasing his. I hope he has many more years of happiness with you.

I tried to look back at the pics of your dog but of course PB doesn't show it properly. Max's age is young compared to our Isis who is 11 years old. So I was wondering what type of dog Max is. Ours is Lab/Sheppard mix. Here she is at her favorite park.

Ed
      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 11-26-2017, 02:00 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

brewdog.jpg

We don't have any dogs in the house but my son and daughter-in-law adopted my grand-puppy Maddie from a dog food research lab. Maddie washed out of the program because she was too submissive and the other dogs were bullying her. She is around 6 years old now. She is a mutt and might be a bit beagle, a bit Jack Russell and a bit unknown. We aren't sure. She had recreation time at the lab and although the staff were kind to the animals they didn't have a lot of time for individual attention so Maddie didn't really learn to be a dog. My son and daughter-in-law have trained her to walk on a leash and do some routine dog tricks. She loves to run and jump and can be a bit of an escape artist. She hasn't figured out why anyone would bother to throw a stick or ball and expect her to fetch it. She is a very quiet dog. I have only heard her bark twice in the past year. Very friendly and a lovely addition to the family.

Jim
        1981 GS550T (Long gone)
        1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Repost.....
          http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

When they met.

Two tired boys.... Eight years later. My son has such a bond with Max...
          Last edited by dorkburger; 11-27-2017, 12:26 AM.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Has happened again; where wife's foo foo doggie gets groomed on about same day I get a haircut.

No, we don't go to same place.

But maybe we should. Maybe doggie could go to same place I do.
            The cost were I go is less than 40% the cost of where she takes the dog.

Oh, I see the difference.
            I don't get a kerchief.

Last edited by Redman; 12-07-2017, 03:17 PM. Reason: wrong picture

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh Redman! ☺
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

My wife trains dogs. We're currently sitting at 5............it can be miserable for me sometimes just keeping up with keeping the dog hair cleaned up. And sometimes the barking drives me nutty when they get excited by something. But at the end of the day laying under a pile of dogs is somehow relaxing. 2x Border Collies, 1x Full blood Catahoula, 1x Catahoula/Lab mix, and a recently acquired Anitolli (spelling? 80lbs and less than 2 years old) livestock guardian dog that is going to be living out in the field with some sheep and chickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                  ............ and a recently acquired Anitolli (spelling? 80lbs and less than 2 years old) livestock guardian dog............
                  Anatolian Shepherd ....?

Last edited by Redman; 12-09-2017, 04:27 PM. Reason: pickatures

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Yeah that one. I'm no dog expert for sure. I leave that to the wife haha.

Comment

IMG_3710.jpg Pearl, or as Bryan Rose, one of my riding buddies is calling her Mini Pearl.
                      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]53520[/ATTACH] Pearl, or as Bryan Rose, one of my riding buddies is calling her Mini Pearl.
                        Originally posted by marvinsc
                        Meet Pearl.[ATTACH=CONFIG]53512[/ATTACH]
                        Carrier AND sweater.

Comment

First Vet visit today, all clear for Heartworm and up to date on her vaccinations. All 4lb, 9oz of her.........IMG_3714.jpg
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Awwwww,

4 pounds???

Geeze...our Isis (Half Lab/Sheppard) is a "Fattie" compared to your little one. Glad all her shots are up to date!

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Scott, enjoy the new pup.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Isn't he cute.....

Comment

Working...
                                X