Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heartfelt condolences, Roger.
    Thank you for sharing that wonderful photo of Kaya.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Ime so sorry to hear the sad news about Kaya i lost my best mate of 14 years a short while ago it's hard really hard my thoughts are with you and your family so sorry.
      The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
      1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
      past bikes. RF900
      TL1000s
      Hayabusa
      gsx 750f x2
      197cc Francis Barnett
      various British nails

Comment

Roger, sorry to hear.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
          I'm very sorry to hear of your losing kaya. I lost my Jack Russel of 14 years a month ago. It's the hardest thing I've ever done. It's rough. My thoughts are with you.
          Earl

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Oh Roger, I'm so sorry for your loss. So sad.
          Take care my friend,
          Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Heartfelt condolences, Roger.
          Thank you for sharing that wonderful photo of Kaya.
          Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
          Ime so sorry to hear the sad news about Kaya i lost my best mate of 14 years a short while ago it's hard really hard my thoughts are with you and your family so sorry.
          Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          Roger, sorry to hear.
          Thank you guys. It's been a weird day so far. My terrier mix is just moping around as if she's mourning. We went walking for the first time without Kaya and since there's no competition to be the lead dog, the leash was slack the whole time. She even behaved differently, better in a way, like she was acting up while Kaya was around. You know how kids do that, act big and bad while their buddies are around...

Thanks again for condolences.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
            Thank you guys. It's been a weird day so far. My terrier mix is just moping around as if she's mourning. We went walking for the first time without Kaya and since there's no competition to be the lead dog, the leash was slack the whole time. She even behaved differently, better in a way, like she was acting up while Kaya was around. You know how kids do that, act big and bad while their buddies are around...

Thanks again for condolences.
            So sorry Roger. When my dog passed a couple years ago my other dog really came into her own. She really likes being an only dog. Maybe it will be the same for you. Until you get another, of course
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Hey, Roger, sorry to see this.
              Do what you need to to be sad and morn. Thanks for sharing.

You dont think she was posing so your last picture of her would be nice......
              Last edited by Redman; 09-22-2018, 05:46 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Hey, Roger, sorry to see this.
                Do what you need to to be sad and morn. Thanks for sharing.

You dont think she was posing so your last picture of her would be nice......
                Thanks Dave.
                It's weird without her around and we will certainly miss her.

Oh, I had to coax her to look over in my direction for that photo.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sad news...I'm sorry for your loss. The way you explained the situation really puts things into perspective. Our time comes and we don't know when. Your Kaya seemed to know she had come to her time.

Our Isis (Lab/Sheppard mix) is 12 years old and spoiled. Sometimes she struggles to bounce up from her laying on the floor position but I suspect she has mild arthritis. Her eyes are already slightly white but she definitely still has bounce in her step. She has become increasingly vocal when we come home...looking for attention. She is our only dog and does not get along well with other canines or pets. We appreciate her to no end.

That's the thing about companionship... something we must cherish. May Kaya rest in peace.

Ed
                  Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-23-2018, 04:42 PM.
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Foo Foo doggie not wanna be seen in silly rain coat.

Sort of like a teenage boy in the 1960s that didn't want to wear wingtip shoes to school (just to imagine a hypothetical situation - ahem).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

IMG_4142.jpgPearl had her first pedicure, she isn't sure she likes it.
                      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

This oddball turned up on my doorstep in April this year.
                        Probably abandoned by a relative of a deceased owner, as occasionally happens around here. Some smart-ass realises Aunty Flo's mutt is too much of a handful, so takes a drive in the country and tosses the dog out of the car and drives off.
                        He was absolutely starving, and didn't lose that appetite for at least two days, so I don't know how long he'd been wandering around looking for a new berth.
                        He had a few quirks right from the start.
                        He didn't trust anyone - no surprise there.
                        He wouldn't pass through a doorway if I was standing in it - that's long behind him, now.
                        He still, to this day, won't come upstairs.
                        He really preferred being outside for the first few weeks. There was something in his makeup where he'd been put off the idea of being indoors.
                        For months, he'd flinch and cower when I put my hand down to stroke him. That's ceased, as he's realised a hand coming down is not going to hit him any more.
                        In summation, I think the PO was an utter bastard who mistreated him badly, and was probably raising him as a yard dog with the aid of the boots on his feet.

Didn't take him long to get used to life in the workshop...

---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Good on ya, Grimly for taking him in.
                          What did you name him?
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                            Good on ya, Grimly for taking him in.
                            What did you name him?
                            Scruffy, of course
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Sumo and Atka, both Central Asian Shepherds. Sumo is the white/brown Male at 10 months in another 2 days and as of last week is weighing 134.8 lbs and still growing. Atka is the brindle Male and turned 11 yrs last August and weighs roughly 105 lbs. Great protection/guard dogs that keep things honest inside our fenceline.
                              Attached Files
                              -1981 Suzuki GS1100E
                              -1975 Honda CB400 Super Sport
                              -1981 Vespa P200E
                              -1990 Ktm 540 dxc
                              -1982 Ktm 495
                              -1981 Ktm 495
                              -1989 Atk 406
                              -1987 Cr 500R
                              -1982 Yz 125

Comment

Sumo's first real snowfall to play in...
                                Attached Files
                                -1981 Suzuki GS1100E
                                -1975 Honda CB400 Super Sport
                                -1981 Vespa P200E
                                -1990 Ktm 540 dxc
                                -1982 Ktm 495
                                -1981 Ktm 495
                                -1989 Atk 406
                                -1987 Cr 500R
                                -1982 Yz 125

Comment

Working...