No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again, everyone. Ed, sorry to hear Isis is gone.

I am sure it will be tough to say no to another dog, but right now I am not sure if that will happen.

Kodiak came to us after our previous dog, Romeo succumbed to cancer at just under 3 years old. Since he was so young, we went the chemo route with him but it was not successful. We got Romeo from a breeder in Maine. She was heartbroken about Romeo and said she had never had one of her dogs lost so young.

As fate may have it, she said one of her puppies was being returned because the owner was going through chemo herself and that this beautiful guy named Kodiak - Guardian of the Sea was ours if we wanted him.

We were kind of in the same boat then as we are now, saddened at the loss of Romeo and saying we cannot go through this again. It took about 10 minutes and my wife said go get him!

I know everyone's dog is special, Kodiak was no different. He just loved to love, it didn't matter who or what you were, he loved you!

My wife would send pictures to the previous owners family and of course they were delighted he was living the good life.

It's quite today, thought I heard him jump off the couch earlier...that sucked!

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Picture is of Kodiak when my son and I got home from picking Kodiak up in Maine22132_103279043033545_2023079_n.jpg....my wife said, that doesn't look like a puppy!

Comment

IMG_0868.jpg
      lost my best buddy to cancer this year, 11yr old mutant border collie (an 80lb BC, wth!), 9 months on it still hurts.
      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

No wonder you have been spending so much time on the bikes.
        Condolences, Robert.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Left a bag of grocerys on the floor. Mostly can goods.
          But the Fuzzy Foo Foo dogie found something he liked.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Some kind of wheat chex?....

LOL...been there...haha!!
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

russians poop.jpg

They swore it was true. LOL
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Some kind of wheat chex?....

LOL...been there...haha!!
                Yep. (store brand)

Doggie looking kinda shy there, cuz I brought him back to the scene (just to recreate the scene for the picture).

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Since my buddy passed on I get to sit my daughters mixed husky/??? rescue dog, he's a survivor when animal services found him he'd been abandoned for some time but was starving due to a face full of porcupine quills.

He's a turned into a great dog that loves kids. Domestication hasn't affected his ability to forage on his own, he still hunts mice, rabbits, gophers and even flushes grouse from the grass and plucks them out of the air. In the home nothing is safe, any food left unguarded is gone the moment you turn your back, he's even figured out how to open doors. Here's a photo of his most recent kills a shoe and a 10 lb bag of flour he raided from the closed pantry.Resized_20180621_201838_9258.jpgclick to enlarge
                  1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Fuzzy Fuzzy Foo Foo Doggie like licking out the chilie pot.

So into the shower he went.

Then next day, wife takes him for a walk in park down by the bayou. Doggie all dirt and mud from shoulder down.
                    Into the shower he went again.

The hand held shower head gets more use for him than anyone else.

One thing is: have doggie follow me into bathroom, I turn on bath water, and doggie just jumps in.
                    Last edited by Redman; 02-01-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

IMG_4698 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Me and Pearl watching the Grizzlies vs Pistons tonight. She got distracted by my Wife taking the pic.
                      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

This is Ruby. We have had her for just over a year. She was a rescue my wife found in a shelter in Ohio. She was just over two years old when we got her and now she is just over 3. My wife loves Great Danes and Ruby replaced our last fawn colored female Dane whose name was Marmalade.
                        1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Ruby is a beauty.
                          Like the picture, too.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Danes are great! I've not met one that wasn't a big teddy bear at heart. Cheers!

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Our little Tio passed last night. Small dog, Manchester Toy, but a huge personality.
                              He was diagnosed with Cushings a while back.
                              Fortunately we were all with him and he passed peacefully, wagging his tail to the last.
                              I dreaded the thought of him passing away alone.DSC_0066.jpg
                              Last edited by Brendan W; 04-01-2020, 06:46 PM.
                              97 R1100R
                              Previous
                              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                                Our little Tio passed last night. Small dog, Manchester Toy, but a huge personality.
                                He was diagnosed with Cushings a while back.
                                Fortunately we were all with him and he passed peacefully, wagging his tail to the last.
                                I dreaded the thought of him passing away alone.[ATTACH=CONFIG]60655[/ATTACH]

Damn! I'm sorry for your loss. It's very difficult.

Comment

Working...
                                X