No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I see those poop clean up trucks around I laugh.... at the fact that someone is making money because someone is too darn lazy to pick up their dogs poop from their yard. Good for them. There's a market for everthing.....
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I've never seen a dedicated truck for poop pick-up but I did see a sign indicating someone would pick up your dog's poop...with a phone number. I should have taken a pic.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I've seen a poop scoop truck before. It had the words 'Dooty Calls' emblazoned across the doors. Haha.
        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          I've never seen a dedicated truck for poop pick-up but I did see a sign indicating someone would pick up your dog's poop...with a phone number. I should have taken a pic.

Ed
          I see one almost daily. I'll try and take/ post a pic(s) here (when I have time to load some more photos for other topics soon). When I first saw / figured it out it was ...weird. I always try to park couple car lengths away, when have to park there...
          Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          Whenever I see those poop clean up trucks around I laugh.... at the fact that someone is making money because someone is too darn lazy to pick up their dogs poop from their yard. Good for them. There's a market for everthing.....
          Yeah , the way the economy has been , with the scrap-metal, when I was hauling a lot, I felt proud to be creating my own employment despite like over XTEEN % unemployment rate but this is IDK... to me sort of "Blasphemy" "abomination" or such putting animals above humans. (?)

Right after I saw truck, I was pressed for work and working in a restaurant (as a cook) . The customers could see/ watch me. We had a tiny bar (I had given up alcohol just before then)... so these guys with work uniforms were drinking and hitting on the waitresses, and the waitresses were giggling/flirting.(Maybe just trying for better tip).

I'm Married, have kids so I was thinking good for them, UNTIL I notice the logo on their shirts same as the truck (cartoon doggy and "Dooty...[whatever]" little print..."DOH! "...I mean what the crap (pun intended) working like that and buying drinks and trying to get waitresses ...

Good thing about bad economy i guess, a chic will take "guy with a job" RATHER than "guy with a great job, nice car, house, etc. etc."
          I had just run it by my best buddy to verify my take on it and he'd said , "How would someone even justify ...I mean explain that job..." So he validated my thoughts and there was a whole work crew ...

Oh, years ago I had a really wild party friend, real a-hole sometimes and at parties he used to feed the hosts dogs like ALL the junk food he could find, like big bags of chips, cereal bags,cookies, beer whatever. He said it'd be funny when the dog pooped it out all over...what a pr*ck!!!! It was terrible. Terrible how much they'd eat too BTW.
          Must rest now. Goodnight

Comment

Granddaughter and foofoo doggie this evening, a trip to the school playground.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Every day that I come home from work, she is always happy to see me. I love our Isis.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Aww such a cutie!
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Wifie's foofoo doggie and me one day a couple years ago, and then the next day.

How come one of us got a kerchief and the other one didn't...?
                  Which one was annoyed that the others hair cut cost 2 1/2 times as much .......?
                  WHich one should make the appointmet a little sooner....?

Last edited by Redman; 02-14-2018, 05:30 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Which one was annoyed that the others hair cut cost 2 1/2 times as much .......?

HaHaHa, funny stuff!
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                      Aww such a cutie!
                      Thanks Allie.

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Your dogs are cute...and you're not too bad yourself Redman.

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Guess we know who's sleeping on the couch!

Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Can't let this thread fade away yet.
                          There has to be some more proud owners.
                          My old boy Alex died 6 years ago and i still miss him everyday.
                          And yes, i was a dick for putting my hat on him.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Ive had dogs nearly all of my life, but when our shepard mix passed away of cancer a couple years ago, the wife and I never replaced her. She had gotten in really bad shape and we did everything we could to help.

Now we have a couple parrots. They travel easy and the grey will live 30-75 years and the conure 10-25 years, so we shouldn't have to go through losing them anytime soon.

If another dog we were to show up needing a home, I'd have no problem taking him in. I miss having them around.
                            1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Best dog ever...

Miss you buddy

Comment

Can't let this thread get buried!

I was heading up the freeway yesterday and in the corner of my eye I see a little red car pull up next to me and stay there. I turn my head and look down into this little Mazda Miata and this lady is looking right at me. She had this huge bull dog on her lap. It was funny in a sad kinda way. I smiled, twisted the throttle a bit, and got in away from the car. Wished I could share a pic or video of that slobbering mutt on her lap.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X