• Show
Clear All

2014-05-12_15-40-21_440 chloe.jpg

This is out dog.
    1982 GS1000S Katana
    1982 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
      Ive had dogs nearly all of my life, but when our shepard mix passed away of cancer a couple years ago, the wife and I never replaced her. She had gotten in really bad shape and we did everything we could to help.

Now we have a couple parrots. They travel easy and the grey will live 30-75 years and the conure 10-25 years, so we shouldn't have to go through losing them anytime soon.

If another dog we were to show up needing a home, I'd have no problem taking him in. I miss having them around.

Yeah, its really hard when you lose one. On the other hand, life without my dogs isn't a life I have any use for.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

This little chihuahua looking dog has been hanging with me all day. Not my dog, belongs to the homeowner I'm doing some work for today. Talk about underfoot!

Usually they split when the noise starts but this little guy just chills. He's not deaf either.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Here are our two boys we've had for about a year. They are rescue dogs from an Ohio hoarder who had 54 in her basement. Mid-West Animal Rescue took 14 I think and we picked them up last December. They've come a long way from the almost feral toads they were back then. Both are mixes we think, one mainly Beagle and the other has some Italian greyhound and maybe JRT.
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

My nephew Tank:

1107162059h.jpg

I call him DeerMouse

Comment

Bandit.

Leash trained, follows commands, fetches, hunts, attacks sketchy strangers, goes for rides, etc. Very good dog.

1108161102a.jpg

Comment

Oreo and my boy some years ago...

Last edited by trevor; 11-22-2016, 12:45 AM.
                No signature

Comment

I'd love to have a dog... But my GF and I work too damn much. Last I checked I've had 2 days off in the last 30 days... My GF works 2 jobs (for fun she claims). We have the discussion about a dog and maybe kids... I dies fast, we cherish the time off we seldom get together and don't think it would be morally responsible to get an animal (or Have a human) that we just don't have that natural urge to devote our time to. I have my motorcycles, she has her painting and we both have our demanding careers and we each have each other... What else do we really need?

That said I do miss owning a Dog... Maybe one day. Probably not though.

Cute pups guys!!!
                  Last edited by Jedz123; 11-22-2016, 12:54 AM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    I'd love to have a dog... But my GF and I work too damn much. Last I checked I've had 2 days off in the last 30 days... My GF works 2 jobs (for fun she claims). We have the discussion about a dog and maybe kids... I dies fast, we cherish the time off we seldom get together and don't think it would be morally responsible to get an animal (or Have a human) that we just don't have the urge to devote the time to. I have my Motorcycles, she has her painting...

That said I miss owning a Dog... Maybe one day. Probably not though.
                    Careful Jedz....no one's tombstone ever read...."I wish I had spent more time at the office".....
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Careful Jedz....no one's tombstone ever read...."I wish I had spent more time at the office".....
                      I Know Trev...

Believe it or not this Job is pretty awesome, the time soak is September-November... Once the bulk of fall semester is over (starting next week) I can return to the normal 7-4 Monday-Friday. I have 3 weeks off coming up (paid and not out of my CTO) then I get 6 Weeks of vacation on top of that... Most I "need" to take during the slow season; summer (oh darn MC season!). I haven't sold my soul here, I just lease and then get it back!

Once I'm ready to settle, Dog will come then spawn... Maybe
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        I Know Trev...

Believe it or not this Job is pretty awesome, the time soak is September-November... Once the bulk of fall semester is over (starting next week) I can return to the normal 7-4 Monday-Friday. I have 3 weeks off coming up (paid and not out of my CTO) then I get 6 Weeks of vacation on top of that... Most I "need" to take during the slow season; summer (oh darn MC season!). I haven't sold my soul here, I just lease and then get it back!

Once I'm ready to settle, Dog will come then spawn... Maybe
                        Good stuff...I used to work like a dog in my 20's...I was putting in 80hr weeks....one time my punch card said 104hrs for one week...do the math on that one for 7 days....And what was I doing....lol....sandblasting and painting.....those were the days....ah no..not really...
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Oreo and my boy some years ago...

Hi Oreo! A great dog. Even if she can't smile straight....
                          Last edited by bobgroger; 11-22-2016, 01:39 AM. Reason: Corrected gender. Sorry....
                          sigpic
                          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260
                          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                            Hi Oreo! A great dog. Even if he can't smile straight....
                            Lol...she sure has a crooked face...just like her owner....
                            No signature

Comment

I am in the local chapter of the Canadian Motorcycle Vintage Club along with Tom and his chocolate Lab, Ollie.
                              The looks on peoples faces when they ride by is wonderful.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

My baby girl of 14 years was put down yesterday. Hardest thing I ever went through. Still not quite right today.

Currently bikeless
                                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                                X