No announcement yet.

Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive come to dig those old `Wings. A local shop had one in last summer that I got to take a close look at. It was sort of a small big bike, and rather cool.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      If I could afford to buy and restore a KZ1300, THAT would be a bike I'd love, but parts are harder to get, take longer to get, and it is unique enough to make long journeys on one seem a bit daunting. With a GL, parts are still plentiful.
      I heard the injected 1300s were crap...this was per our local Kawi service manager {who happened to race suzukis}.

Comment

The monster Z is a bike I've loved since a friend of my dad showed me his-and fifteen years later offered it to me, with less than 6K on the clock, for $1500. I didn't have the money, and I'll never find an immaculate one like that for a price I can handle.

The GL1000 is just what you said, Glen, a little big bike, low, chubby, comfy and a reasonable all-rounder. I like 'em a lot.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

My son brought the Nintendo Wii from the basement and has been playing Guitar Hero.
          I forgot about this song.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

One of the great guitar god songs, Glen. This version shows just how amazing he is.

Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 07-09-2017, 10:07 PM.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Glen caused me to find this. These guys, Satriani, Vai, Johnson, are just something beyond.

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

The first time I heard Cliffs of Dover was performed on Saturday Night Live. Wow, what an amazing talent. I had a friend named Eric Johnson in high school, no relation though.

That Steve Vai, what a nice little boy! hehehe
                Watching him play reminds me of Prince. The guitar seems like part of his body.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Holy geez, it completely slipped my mind that I saw a show during the G3 tour. Other then it being an awesome show, I remember finding it ironic that a full moon was rising while Big Bad Moon was being played.
                  Garden State Arts Center, where we saw the show, is a partially open stadium.
                  sigpic

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Some great tunes on this thread, thanks.
                    Don't scroll down this far much.

Santana 1969 Woodstock
                    The expressions, crowd and energy must have been something.
                    Also, the LSD consumed.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Comment

BMG is a great show every time.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

One of my absolute favorite Tull songs, and Tull, along with ELO, are my all time favorites. Songs From The Wood is hands-down my favorite album of all time. No other music transports me so far, so happily.

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Damn ! Another distinctive voice silenced.....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Taking me back ...

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X