Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Recently discovered this new psychedelic band, Love Machine
    Reminds me of the Doors, I like the sound. Listen to this tune posted then listen to the Doors riders on the storm. Morrison had something good going on, has it really been 50 years since riders on the storm came out.

1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Last song Morrison recorded, but not quite 50 years. 1971.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

It's like hearing Zepplin or BOC as elevator music..yes, were that ol ..."wiser".

Comment

Their sound has been compared to the Doors. I'd say the guitar sound does, but I got a flash back to Iron Butterfly. The singer sounds like Doug Ingle to me.
          They are trying to recapture the 1967 California psychedelic sound.
          Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 09-04-2017, 11:20 AM.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Their sound has been compared to the Doors.
            As distinct as Morrison's voice is it is defined by Ray Manzareks keyboards.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I heard "You Got Good Taste" by The Cramps on a Michelob Light commercial. I don't think it topped Sis Vicious's "My Way" selling Acuras a few years back, because Lux Interior never murdered anybody, as far as I know, but it is more outrageous than Iggy Pop (without The Stooges) singing for Carnival Cruises, in my opinion.

Off the subject a little.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

An hour of Jedz tunage... What I listen to on my way into work everyday. The TUX keeps me in somewhat legal speeds... On the 750 I just get into work WAY too early

Lyrics:
                Stranded in the open
                Dried out tears of sorrow
                Lacking of all empotion
                Staring down the barrel...
                Waiting for the Final gates to open
                To a New tomorrow
                moving with that motion
                Following that light that sets me free...
                SETS ME FREE!

Ride to live, sure...
                Only way to live is to ride...
                -Jedz
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Heard this one on the way home from work today...haven't heard it in eons! Here's the least tinny sounding version tube has to offer-

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I saw these guys in concert summer of 1983. The stage show was white cloth blowing all around suspended from the ceiling, with multiple video images projected on them, a lot of female nudity. Beyond that the videos on the cloth were artful. and worked well with the music. They had green lasers that were so powerful they cracked loudly when they fired, great show.

Remember Midnight Oil

Last edited by metalfab; 09-13-2017, 02:18 AM.
                    1981 GS1100E
                    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                      As distinct as Morrison's voice is it is defined by Ray Manzareks keyboards.
                      Dave, here is a video of Ray Manzarek talking about the making of the song.
                      I usually don't like analyzing and the breakdown of songs but i found this excellent.
                      The wonderful Ray Manzarek tells of the making of Riders on The StormRest in peace Ray
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Local music. This one brings me back to my old nieghborhood and makes me laugh. to be young again. He's GREAT live. Check his other stuff that pops up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYBBXQb15lc Glen, thanks for the R.L. Burnside. I love blues, and this is good stuff!
                        Last edited by limeex2; 09-12-2017, 06:59 PM.
                        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

I used to refinish hardwood floors with headphones blaring tunes like this one.

And this one

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Love this album, love this man's work, both in and out of Dire Straits. Plus, he's a serious rider.

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

The more I hear these guys, the more I'm digging them.

Last edited by dorkburger; 09-17-2017, 01:02 PM.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                                Local music. He's GREAT live.
                                Hey Limeex, are you headed up to the Hairy Mosquito
                                today ? Crankshaft is playing ! Guys are a hoot !!

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                                X