• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Listening to Gladys Knight and Pips. 🙂
        No signature

Comment

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

They remain one of the most moving bands in my life.

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Tom Waits - Diamonds on my Windshield

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

And now, something completely different!

A lot of people don't care to step too far away from the type of music they like, I on the other hand do! It's hard to deny the talent required to play lightening fast mountain music and these three guys from my former hometown (Traverse City, Mi) have got it down tight.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                  And now, something completely different!

A lot of people don't care to step too far away from the type of music they like, I on the other hand do! It's hard to deny the talent required to play lightening fast mountain music and these three guys from my former hometown (Traverse City, Mi) have got it down tight.

Reminds me of last summer. I was riding past a field that is normally empty. This time there were some motorhomes, cars and a nice crowd of people. I saw a group of folks with string instruments. I thought I want to check this out and see what's going on. I pull up to the gate and ask a lady "what's going on? She said "It's a Bluegrass Festival, $10 dollars to get in." It was definitely one of the highlights of the summer. I had such a fun time.😀
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    Reminds me of last summer. I was riding past a field that is normally empty. This time there were some motorhomes, cars and a nice crowd of people. I saw a group of folks with string instruments. I thought I want to check this out and see what's going on. I pull up to the gate and ask a lady "what's going on? She said "It's a Bluegrass Festival, $10 dollars to get in." It was definitely one of the highlights of the summer. I had such a fun time.😀
                    I've generally had a pretty good time with the bluegrass crowd, down to earth and very real kind of folks.

Comment

Hands down the absolute cutest cover of a Rage Against the Machine song ever recorded!

Comment

Anything by the Kinks on their Low Budget album - title song, Paranoia, Pressure, etc. He seemed to corner the humorous angst market on that album.
                        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                        '79 GS100E
                        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

The best hurdy-gurdy playing I've heard:

Sick example of atrocity by Stalin: Persecution of blind hurdy-gurdy musicians
                          Kobzars were a unique class of musicians in Ukraine, who travelled between towns and sang dumas, a meditative poem-song. Kobzars were usually blind, and required the completion of a three-year apprenticeship in specialized Kobzar guilds, in order to be officially recognized as such. In 1932, on the order of Stalin, the Soviet authorities called on all Ukrainian Kobzars to attend a congress in Kharkiv. Those that arrived were taken outside the city and were all put to death.[citation needed]
                          Persecution of bandurists and kobzari by the Soviet authorities can be divided up into various periods. These periods differed in the type and length of persecution and punishments were dealt out and also the reason for the punishment. Following is a list of persecuted Bandurists sourced from Music from the shadows Roman Malko[1] and The Voices of the Dead by Kuromiya Hiroaki.[2]
                          Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 04-21-2020, 07:44 AM.
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Here's the kind of off-the-wall stuff I've run into over the years on the festival scene. Australian Digeredoo and someone playing plastic buckets as drums, it gets moving pretty well at 1:20.

Comment

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                                Anything by the Kinks on their Low Budget album - title song, Paranoia, Pressure, etc. He seemed to corner the humorous angst market on that album.
                                Kink Kronikles is the encyclopedia. Dead End Streets, Waterloo Sunset, Shangri-la, Victoria, etc. etc.
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X