No announcement yet.

Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a long time ago, short lived, but it was a magnificence time for music.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

One of my all time favourites, 10cc I'm Not In Love

1983 GS1000G | 1984 GSX1100EF | 1997 FLHR| -16 FLSTC 103 HO | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Finn View Post
        One of my all time favourites, 10cc I'm Not In Love

Friends think I have old taste in music , but I like stuff from late 60s to mid 80s

Mostly rock music, but even the pop-disco? And country music was good back then

I scroll down in this site to search for stuff during 70s

Comment

Don't think I've posted this one here before, probably one of the best blues-rock jam sessions ever recorded.

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

This lady just never fails to amaze me. Wether it's remaking a Jazz classic, a post slavery era folk song, an opera or something complex original she flat out nails it every time! A true national treasure.

Comment

so sick of people comparing Bob Dylan to god, I know he has done some good things but he is no Bob Dylan

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Ma 50 year class reunion is happening this June, egads the feelings that's bringing on…

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                    It was a long time ago, short lived, but it was a magnificence time for music.

I'm going back over thirty years but I remember walking down Denman St. in Vancouver and seeing a cardboard sign on the side of the gym of King George High School and written in felt pen was that John McLaughlin would be playing in a couple of hours . I came back and sure enough there was a middle eastern carpet and John with an acoustic guitar and Eve with an auto harp and the show was free. Everybody just gathered around the carpet and sat on the floor . I think there might of been about one hundred of us in there ......I've always wondered how John McLaughlin came to play on an afternoon in a West End highschool ? There's got to be some kind of story with it .....
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                      I've always wondered how John McLaughlin came to play on an afternoon in a West End highschool ? There's got to be some kind of story with it .....
                      There was an educationally program called Blues in the Schools that was going at about that time and a lot of kids got to see and hear some famous and influenced artists up close and personal. It was always kept on the QT so the place didn't get swamped with fans. Steven VanZant from Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band et al is doing something similar these days

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

I'm going back over thirty years but I remember walking down Denman St. in Vancouver and seeing a cardboard sign on the side of the gym of King George High School and written in felt pen was that John McLaughlin would be playing in a couple of hours . I came back and sure enough there was a middle eastern carpet and John with an acoustic guitar and Eve with an auto harp and the show was free. Everybody just gathered around the carpet and sat on the floor . I think there might of been about one hundred of us in there ......I've always wondered how John McLaughlin came to play on an afternoon in a West End highschool ? There's got to be some kind of story with it .....
                        Great story! Thanks

Comment

I never seem to get tired of this masterpiece.

1983 GS1000G | 1984 GSX1100EF | 1997 FLHR| -16 FLSTC 103 HO | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Comment

Jorn Lande covering John Farnham.

Comment

One of my favorite punk bands!

Comment

Originally posted by Finn View Post
                                I never seem to get tired of this masterpiece.
                                Tom Scholz. I installed a new engine and extended range wing tip fuel tanks on his Bonanza. He flew it into our small airport and my wife gave him a ride to MSP (big airport) for a return trip to Boston. When he came back I went to MSP and met him at the gate. The ride back to his Bonanza was mostly talk about his plane. I did get him to sign three CDs.
                                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                                X