Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chillin....
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Chillin....
      It's like a breakbeat groove off a Modeski, Martin & Wood album.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Speaking of whom: Modeski, Martin & Wood - Start/Stop https://youtu.be/DdJrrFp0J70

Comment

Going to see these guys next week. Excited !!!

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Muddy Waters - Champagne and Reefer

Comment

Steve Earl - CCKMP

Comment

Oh man. A music thread. I can dig it.

Here's what has been stuck in my noggin for the last little while in no particular order.......

Delvon Lamar Organ Trio. No Bass player. Watch his feet. Also, Jimmy James on Guitar!
                https://www.youtube.com/embed/jhicDUgXyNg

Vulfpeck. In my opinion these guys are the new Steely Dan.

The Fearless Flyers. A side project of Vulfpeck. Unbelievably tight and funky.

Now a friend of mine and someone I consider an incredible songwriter, Max Stalling. The Fiddle Player, Heather is Max's Wife. She is legally deaf, and only has about 10% hearing left. She reads lips like a ninja and has that fender twin CRANKED behind her. Also, Bryce on Guitar is one of my favorites.

What other song has ever used Cossacks and Huns and rhymed it with Catholic Nuns? This is a great song. The idea of this song comes from that old conversation starter; Who would you invite to dinner if you could invite anyone?

And this ZZ song got into my brain and won't come out! It's actually a cover of a rap song from some Houston rappers DJ DMD, Lil Keke, and Fat Pat. 25 "lighters" refers to bic lighters that were emptied and filled with crack. I gotsta get paid. This song has some of the dirtiest guitar tone ever laid down.

Andrew Duhon. An awesome New Orleans Singer-Songwriter who pens some great travelling songs.

I think that's it for tonight. Enjoy!
                Last edited by HiSPL; 06-24-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the weird links. I wanted to embed them, but I guess the regular way I do that doesn't work here....

Comment

What were you doing when this guy got famous? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsKs...uJkO2Z&index=2

Comment

Been a couple weeks, but on the 26th, I took my wife, my brother,and his wife to a Paul McCartney concert in Phoenix. We had great seats. It was a very good time.

Get the Paul McCartney Setlist of the concert at Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, AZ, USA on June 26, 2019 from the Freshen Up Tour and other Paul McCartney Setlists for free on setlist.fm!

Hard to estimate how important The Beatles were in their time. He sang many classics, told stories and some jokes. It was a very good time. They played about 2-1/2 hours. 38 songs.

The previous week, my wife took us to see Jeff Lynn's ELO at Honda Center. They were very good too. We had seen them when we were dating in the 70s. Danny Harrison was the first act. He also stood in with ELO on a Travelling Wilburies number. George Harrison's son.

Get the Jeff Lynne's ELO Setlist of the concert at Honda Center, Anaheim, CA, USA on June 20, 2019 from the 2019 North American Tour and other Jeff Lynne's ELO Setlists for free on setlist.fm!
                      Last edited by 850 Combat; 07-10-2019, 10:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
                      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

In a couple weeks, my brother and I are camping at the Ossipee Valley Music Festival in Maine. Can't wait to see the Quebe Sisters on Friday.

sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Steve Miller Band Best Songs - Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits Playlist 2018Steve Miller Band Best Songs - Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits Playlist 2018Steve...

Comment

When the grunge scene happened in Seattle this duo get overlooked at the time. Not mainstream enough for airplay and Eddie Vetter wanted to be a front man more than a musician. Noise rock, give it about 80 seconds to get moving.

Hovercraft - Anthropoid

Comment

In my eyes this one truly highlights just how phenomenal a guitar player Frank Zappa truly was, backed by Captain Beefheart on vocals.

Frank Zappa - Willie The Pimp

Comment

That was cool.

I dig this ZZ top cover that Clutch just released from their upcoming cover album.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X