Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
    Don't think I've posted this one here before, probably one of the best blues-rock jam sessions ever recorded.

Len,

Why am I unfamiliar with this? This isn't on the original Electric Ladyland album, is it? I am only familiar with the albums that came out up until the mid 1970's. The last record of his I bought was Rainbow Bridge. While Dolly Dagger was nice, it was no Axis: Bold As Love. Just ask the Axis (He knows everything).
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

Len,

Why am I unfamiliar with this? This isn't on the original Electric Ladyland album, is it? I am only familiar with the albums that came out up until the mid 1970's. The last record of his I bought was Rainbow Bridge. While Dolly Dagger was nice, it was no Axis: Bold As Love. Just ask the Axis (He knows everything).
      Electric Ladyland track four or so. Remember, this is VooDoo Chile not VooDoo Chile (Slight Return) which is the FM Radio version. Helluva backstory, helluva a lineup, it was an after the bar closed jam session with Steve Windwood and others. Like I said, look into the backstory!
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Well if we're gonna wax poetic about them days, Electric Ladyland was my fave album. Second was Live Dead Grateful Dead.
        Take some Orange Sunshine, product of Owsley Stanley, spend a June night thru dawn in sand dunes by lake Michigan. It left an impression on me.
        There's a bar not far from my house named Dark Star

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Now you're talking my language!
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Chieli Minucci and Special EFX

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

1983 GS1000G | 1984 GSX1100EF | 1997 FLHR| -16 FLSTC 103 HO | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Comment

1983 GS1000G | 1984 GSX1100EF | 1997 FLHR| -16 FLSTC 103 HO | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Comment

First heard this on the soundtrack to the movie "Baby Driver" Not much of a movie but damn, one He!! of a soundtrack!

Comment

Couldn't agree more!
                    Great tunes, great opening scene and then the movie fell apart.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Comment

As it reads in the video's comments:

"This is the theme for anyone who was ever counted out,
                        not taken seriously, underestimated, underdogged, glossed over,
                        sneered at, joked about, beaten, knocked down, cheated,
                        picked to go last or not picked at all.
                        For the person who never gave up, never gave in, held on,
                        held out, hoped, prayed, kept their dignity and didn't allow adversity
                        to change the goodness of their heart.
                        Everytime you fight you preserve the best part of yourself, and your soul remains unconquerable."

Comment

Just saw a video of Iggy Pop today doing a cover of 'Walk on the wild side" he just turned 76. He was sitting in a chair on stage, shirtless of course, and just kinda singing the words with the enthusiasm of a check out clerk at a small grocery store. You can't blame him for riding things out but it sure makes you miss the old days!

​​​​​​

Comment

Gunhild Carling and her big band trying her hand at some jazz bagpipes . The woman is a virtuoso of many instruments .....

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Yes, she is brilliant. This one shows a bit more of her talent on multiple instruments. Including 3 trumpets at once. I’ve seen PMJ live. Unfortunately, she was not on the tour I saw. You want to fall down a wonderful YouTube rabbit hole, subscribe to Post Modern Jukebox.

Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                                Gunhild Carling and her big band trying her hand at some jazz bagpipes . The woman is a virtuoso of many instruments .....
                                There's a reason why I left Branson MO one of them being the nature of the acts that have taken over the run down theatres where bigshots used to play. Yeah this is unique but let's face it, she's FAR from being an accomplished piper. Her ear sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X