Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
    .he's still sorta cute and smiley though. .........
    Staring right back at you...................

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Been baby sitting the 18 month old 1 or 2 or 3 days a week for the last couple months.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Havent seen the 8yo and 5r yo as much, but have them here for a couple days now.

We didnt have a pumpkin, but did have a cantaloupe.

8yo drew a face for me to cut out.

I asked if he was trying for the face to look like anybody we know, and he just laughed.

Comment

Our Oldest Grand Daughter just got her 1st Grade pictures.

Screenshot_2019-10-25 Facebook(1) by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Had the 8yo and 5yo here yesterday.
            And Had a trailer load of leaves to take to the leaf dump place at township hall, where unload in a big parking lot. So had them go with me. just for the adventure, and see the front end loader push the leaves into this big tall pile.

Had to deal with the issue of which kid got to use the "pusher" and who got to use the "puller" (their terms).
            So I had to administer that they trade off after 2 minutes.
            Apparently the "pusher is more fun, because it is something Papa invented. The puller is just a boring old rake that can buy at any store."

And I had to manage that not have kids running around when the frontendloader came around us.

THis all took way too long, I could have done it myself in 1/5th the time. But was an experience for the kids.

Then afterwards the kids got a "trailer ride" in the adjacent fire department parking lot.
            I told them they could not stand up, didnt have to sit, but not stand up, and had to hold on.
            I thought they were ready, and was about to go, but saw they were not holding on.
            Ha, they were making "seatbelts" with the tarp bungie cords. Okay. So I waited for that.
            THen we went around the parking lot. All had fun. Squeeling and screaming in delight.

On way home the 8yo said he liked the figure eights the best. Was fun to listen to him explain what that meant to the 5yo.

I wonder how all this is gonna sound when they describe to thier mom. But, hey, they had seatbelts.
            I am certain it will come up, becuase the 5yo got her pants quite dirty knealing in the trailer where had been wett dirty leaves.

But I think kids will remember having fun with Papa.

Comment

Lastweekend was the one weekend the ProntoPups booth is open in the winter down by the river channel.

And this weekend we had the other grandkids visit.
              One activity was a rousting game of chines checkers (or maybe not called that anymore these days) and popcorn.

Eight year old beat me by just one move.

Comment

Our first Grandson is now 7 months old, should be riding his Katana pretty soon.IMG_20190623_1132338.jpg

Comment

Hey ! Great !

That your handywork?
                  I would think so, since it does look like YOUR bike.

>> later note:
                  Now I see your similar posting in "Other Hobby". (discussed further there).
                  Last edited by Redman; 02-01-2020, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Hey ! Great !

That your handywork?
                    I would think so, since it does look like YOUR bike.

>> later note:
                    Now I see your similar posting in "Other Hobby". (discussed further there).
                    Hey Redman, yes I made the mini Kat for our Beautiful little Grandson. Thank you for combining it with the other post. Appreciate it.

Comment

we watch the nasa channel quite a bit. scott kelly and christina koch are people that i think the older grand kid would recognize. sometimes it gets boring and we watch cartoons. they seem to like foghorn leghorn.

[/url]

4 year old is practicing his wrestling moves. he's in the local youth wrestling program. the other kid probably will be too someday. 4th generation wrestlers.

[/url]
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

i showed the kid how to use a camera and the first thing he did was turn it around and take a selfie.... he gets it from his mom. (do not tell her i said that)!!! please excuse the runny nose, everybody has a cold around here.

[

Comment

She brought me a book to read.

Mimi And Moto, The Motorcycle Monkeys.

Comment

Redheads and motorcycles is trouble. Just saying. This one looks like he may turn out strawberry blond. Remember the cheech and Chong movie where Chong was so high he knocked over the drum kit? Well this picture is right after a perfect reenactment of that scene. 20200221_084009.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                              Redheads and motorcycles is trouble. .
                              Me...? You....? Your grandson?

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Me...? You....? Your grandson?
                                sorry about the confusion. just a poor attempt at a redhead joke since my youngest grandkid seems to have inherited that gene from his grandma who i'm certain is satan. we've been together since we were 16 and i wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

Working...
                                X