No announcement yet.

Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent the President's Day holiday at Charmayne's today dropping off a monitor and spending some much needed time with both girls. After some playing and nap time, we drove out to Iron Pony to look at bikes and begin the "indoctrination" hahaha

Rose on Belly 21Feb2022 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Rose Sleeping 21Feb2022 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Rose on Dirt Bike by Scott Baker, on Flickr
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      …..

….……..Flickr
      cute shot.

looks like she is saying “grandpa, what you holding to your face? What you pointing at me?”

I think she will have plenty opportunity to get used to it.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I thought the same

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Little guy just started using utensiles

Attached Files

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sorry forgot to post pics.
            Willa turned 1 month a week ago. Life has changed ALLOT.
            We are doing month videos instead of a monthly photoshoot.
            Here is Month 1.

Cheers
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Real…. Nice…. Real nice Justin. Can see that you are adoring the little one.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Real…. Nice…. Real nice Justin. Can see that you are adoring the little one.
                Your Right Dave, you can't put it to words. The best analogy is when my daughter was born that my heart grew with love. She's got me wrapped around one of those cute little fingers...

Been a fun new chapter for us!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Congrats to you and Shannon. Looks like the big brother (dog) knows he now has a precious little one to protect.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Rose turned 6 months old on Friday and enjoyed my little birthday ride to Bowling Green KY and the Corvette Museum. So much so she even drove one of the cars

Just kidding, they photo-shopped her picture into one.

Rose in Corvette by Scott Baker, on Flickr

She did enjoy herself though as much as 6 month olds can do. It was really nice to have her and mom with us.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Little guy is 1year 4 months old.
                      At a picnic/playground/park (northern Florida couple weeks ago) he see van keys on picknic table, grabs them, gets down from the table, and goes trotting across the picknic area, trotting towards van in parking lot.

He is pushing buttons and pointing the key fob at the van while he is trotting along. Gets to the van and stands there pushing buttons.

What does Papa do?
                      Runs along next to him taking pictures.
                      An example of difference between now having grandkids and back when had kids.

He Did get door locks to operate. Didnt get anything else to operate as that reguires double pushes and such.
                      Last edited by Redman; 04-06-2022, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Grandma, Oma in German, helped Rose open her first Easter basket with us this afternoon and yes, Rose even had a very small taste of the German chocolate. (Sorry for the glare from the windows as I was more worried about getting Rose in action than whether I was on the proper setting. It's the fun part of trying to capture babies on film I guess)

Rose Easter Book by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Rose German Chocolate by Scott Baker, on Flickr

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

After he made a bit of a mess with a half eaten easter egg I told him we need to clean it up. I went and mistakenly grabbed the carpet cleaner. He said that was wrong and ran down the hall to get the vacuum. He told me, "It's right here!". His mom says he loves to run the vacuum. He actually cleaned up his mess and more. I wonder how much he'd like it if it wasn't self-propelled.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                            After he made a bit of a mess with a half eaten easter egg I told him we need to clean it up. I went and mistakenly grabbed the carpet cleaner. He said that was wrong and ran down the hall to get the vacuum. He told me, "It's right here!". His mom says he loves to run the vacuum. He actually cleaned up his mess and more. I wonder how much he'd like it if it wasn't self-propelled.

That is just too cute.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              Sorry forgot to post pics.
                              Willa turned 1 month a week ago. Life has changed ALLOT.
                              We are doing month videos instead of a monthly photoshoot.
                              Here is Month 1.

Cheers
                              Such a touching experience. Thank you Jedz for allowing us into your life and congrats to your family!

Brought back some memories of our first born. Can't believe she's going to be 32 this Memorial Day Weekend.

Such a precious little Willa.

****Thanks you guys for sharing your family photos & experiences.****
                              Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-22-2022, 05:21 PM.
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

RedmanSIL sent me this pic:

4 year old helping him wash the FJR.

I said I could be there with my bike in about 45 minutes. He said that would be the Wash Crew's napp time.
                                Last edited by Redman; 05-09-2022, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X