Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    ..... ... ... .... .... ... and our daughters aren't looking to have their own kids; ................
    Our daughter and SIL said about same thing for about 8 years. Then they said "it could possibly happen". Then they said is expected to happen.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A new little one.

Daughter & SIL have had their first.

Meeting Meme & Papa

Early morning quite time with Papa.
      She woke up, so I took care of her for a while, let The Momma sleep for another 15 minutes.

Well, after a while it wasn't so quite. She was wanting to find The Momma.

And I did leave her with The Momma.
      Much quieter now, after feeding.

Will have to get some "influencing" pictures in a day or so.

Last edited by Redman; 05-11-2018, 10:32 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

She looks just like you Dave! Well, minus the mustache. haha. Congratulations proud papa. ☺
        I wonder if they make a small Pizza bag to fit her head?
        Last edited by storm 64; 05-11-2018, 10:59 AM.
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Nah, you gotta start them earlier than that.
          How about 14 days old....?

Here Baby, this is a v-twin.
          H-D V-twins are single pin, meaning is not much different than a single cylinder. Why is it v-twin, you ask. Because that is what Mr Davidson did in 1904, and ever since that is how the engine had to look. Why is it a single pin, you ask? So he could use the same crankshaft design, and ever since had to be that way So the exhaust sounds the same as it did in 1904.
          Here baby, see the loud exhaust and the tall sissy bar and apehanger bars, those are like that only because that is what you daddy likes.

Here, baby, this is opposed twin. The opposed means is vibration is balanced.
          Design criteria here is for function and control.

I think she was not too interested, kept dozing off.
          May need repeat lessons.
          Last edited by Redman; 05-12-2018, 07:24 PM. Reason: reword

Comment

She's learning by osmosis
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Great pictures Dave!
              Love the bike lessons too. Hilarious 😂
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yeah, the bike lesson was funny! I prepared myself to be attentive. Lol

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Had an other training session (17 days old).
                  Much more attentive this time, more mature now, I suppose.

Comment

Good looking kid. When they look at you like that its like looking into the universe.
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                      Good looking kid. When they look at you like that its like looking into the universe.
                      That last sentence rings so true!

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

thecatch[1].JPG My grandson then.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

DSCF0330.jpg My grandson now.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]55018[/ATTACH] My grandson now.

V
                            I love that seat.

Looks like the one I put on my GK.

The photo reminded me that after I sold the bike the new owner decided he did not care for that seat and wanted the stock saddle so he bought one from someone else. I still have the stock seat stuffed somewhere in the top of the garage.
                            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Now that this grandkid is 3 months old, she has better attention span than when was 2 or 3 weeks old, so time for another refresher course.

See, kiddo, V-Twin engine with single pin crank; is the most efficent design for converting the BTUs of the gas into noise. Ape-hanger bars and forward controls are just to fit some style-look from a 1960s movie and does not at all support the function of what want a motorcycle to do.

And here we have a sport-tourer bike. All meant for long distance riding and yet good control on the curvey roads (most of which is lost on your Papa). Opposed horizontal crank & pistons for better harmic balance.

Yah, she was much more attentive on this occassion.
                              Last edited by Redman; 07-27-2018, 03:29 PM. Reason: much more attentive

Comment

I love seeing both your pictures and the accompanying footnotes.

My own twins, at four, began riding bicycles with safety wheels. As they are nearing five now, we will take them off and see how well they have learned from their mistakes....most of those being lack of attention and looking back to see how his brother is doing..

They love sitting on the Bandit/GSX1250 , one stretched to the limit to reach the handle bars and the other holding his waist to keep him from sliding off. Not ready for riding yet.

They can be puzzles at this age as learning some things seems almost instantaneous, while others take much longer. Overall, the rate of learning is rapid
                                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X