X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
    .................. Overall, the rate of learning is rapid
    Yes . . . . .
    Last edited by Redman; 09-12-2018, 10:10 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Had the 4 year old and the 7 year old this weekend.
      One adventure was going to a petting farm/zoo, had other adventures too.

Some quotes:
      Have to hold the chicks like this so they dont get scared.
      Tinkertoys were like old Legos before plastic was invented.
      Dont need syrup on pancakes because they are suppose to have chocolate chips in them when you make them.
      You know, Papa, you can watch movies on Amazon, dont you know.

It seems that lately the grandkids are telling ME things that I should already know apparently.

Last edited by Redman; 09-12-2018, 10:17 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The Tinker Toys just might help.
        Has the lad shown the syndrome of taking things apart, like alarm clocks or anything else mechanical?
        Anything like that will show his curiosity about why/how things work like they do.
        Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 09-14-2018, 08:29 PM.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          The Tinker Toys just might help.
          Has the lad shown the syndrome of taking things apart, like alarm clocks or anything else mechanical?
          Anything like that will show his curiosity about why/how things work like they do.
          Hmmmmm Are you are you trying to tell me something? My mother said I started doing that at age two....but I started with the gas fireplace, not Tinker Toys.
          "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
          Winston Churchill

Comment

spent today wandering the free side of letchworth park. the walk is a little longer but no crowds. way down in the gorge where the genessee river is only about 40 feet wide and is crossed by a stone bridge.

it took us a while because the kid had to stop often to fill his pockets with acorns, walnuts, leaves and twigs. i wonder what his mom thought about that???

the other day we were all together and he came out with two homemade envelopes and gave one to each grandma. the notes said, "i'm going to be a big brother".
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Hamming it that puzzle looked difficult

Celebrating the completion

Comment

i did a little kitchen work for the beamerpunk kid (formerly gixxerpunk kid) and his wife. got some help from the grandkid. he was mostly in charge of vacuuming sawdust but also went into the cramped closet area on the other side of the wall to pull dishwasher wire for me. i had to persuade him a bit because there were spiderwebs but he stepped up to the task.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                  i did a little kitchen work for the beamerpunk kid (formerly gixxerpunk kid) and his wife. got some help from the grandkid. .
                  Seems like good influence on the grandkid. Years from now the kid can remember he helped grandpa install that.

And..what influenced your kid to get a beemer?

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

And..what influenced your kid to get a beemer?

i guess the gixxer wasn't fast enough anymore. that kid will give me my heartattacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Seems like good influence on the grandkid. Years from now the kid can remember he helped grandpa install that.

he'll probably just remember that i made him shove his way through icky spiderwebs and be traumatized for life.

Comment

Had 4 year old granddaughter, Zozo (I call her) with us for a day.

I took her with me for coffee-cocoa at local place, that I go 2 or 3 times a week, join in with group of folks that also go there a lot.

Pano shot, part of me on right.
                        After a while she got over being shy, and was crawling under table, then jump up next to each person to "surprise" them. (An other example of difference between being parent and being grandparent. I would have not let my kid do that 30 years ago, but today everyone was enjoying it.)

THen stopped over at my brothers house (they recently moved here from other side of state).

Me: Hey, Zozo, you think you know anybody in this picture...?
                        Zo: No, I never been to this house before.

Then later she went out with Meme (grandma) to lunch with some friends.
                        I was impressed with the picture she colored while there.

(okay, yes, I am bragging.)

Later we asked her how she liked her day.
                        Her biggest comment was "My Mom and Dad don't waste money going out to eat."

Comment

My wife is putting together a scrap book for our grandson and the focus is his spring break visit earlier this year. She made a page of a visit to the zoo, my daughter made a page of a trip to the mountains and so on. We all had something fun to do while he was here and my contribution is he and I riding.

This is the page I'm working on. Just need to add a few captions or stickers to fill in the empty spaces.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            ............................. scrap book for our grandson and the focus is his spring break visit earlier this year. .........
                            I think he will surely recognize how much his grandparents appreciate him.

Comment

We have our 8 month old California grandbaby visiting for a couple days.

Papa had some time with the kiddo this morning whilst everyone else was sleeping yet.
                              ( Everyone else was up multiple times during the night, I have been told.)

Comment

We decided the kids were old enough to enjoy a big tree like we used to get back in the old days. When this grandkid saw it he started laughing hysterically. It's a lot of work (and mess) so maybe every other year for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X